Any roos among my nine week old chickens?

I have three nine week old chickens that are not sexed. I have two Lavender Orpingtons and a Barred Plymouth Rock. The slightly smaller lavender has an upright tail and seems to have larger waddles and comb? But not by much. The largest is either the other lavender or the Plymouth rock. The plymouth rock is dominant over the others and seems to lead the bunch. The smallest lavender is the lowest on the totem pole it seems now. None seem to want to be higher than the others, but the Plymouth rock seems to be more on edge. But that could be breed related. Even in the photo the Plymouth (Skyler) is attentive to what I am doing more than the other two.
really hard to tell. We have 2 Lav Orps from same parents. Both hens. One had the upturned tail the other straight. She developed later than the first and I was sure she was a roo. You can get a hint by how they behave when free ranging your yard. Boys have an instinct to watch the sky and walk more upright. Girls stay lower and tend not to ever look for predators.

really hard to tell. We have 2 Lav Orps from same parents. Both hens. One had the upturned tail the other straight. She developed later than the first and I was sure she was a roo. You can get a hint by how they behave when free ranging your yard. Boys have an instinct to watch the sky and walk more upright. Girls stay lower and tend not to ever look for predators.
Haha welll...they all layed today. Ten eggs. So yes. They are all pullets. That was a major surprise

Haha welll...they all layed today. Ten eggs. So yes. They are all pullets. That was a major surprise
congrats. You crushed the odds. We bought a dozen pullets last year from MMH and paid extra fro sexing. 4 turned out being Roos. Finally rehomed all the roos a few weeks ago. Bought another 8 and again, paid for sexing. One was horribly deformed and died within days. Fingers crossed they got the sexing right this time but at least one is behaving like a cockrel Ugh

congrats. You crushed the odds. We bought a dozen pullets last year from MMH and paid extra fro sexing. 4 turned out being Roos. Finally rehomed all the roos a few weeks ago. Bought another 8 and again, paid for sexing. One was horribly deformed and died within days. Fingers crossed they got the sexing right this time but at least one is behaving like a cockrel Ugh
That really sucks..yeah. I did get lucky. But my Plymouth rock acted like a cockerel for the longest time and she turned out being a pullet

Back
Top Bottom