Any safe waterproofing paint/sealer for roosting bars in coop?

That's an interesting idea. Protects their feet from splinters, too. Bumblefoot is no fun.

I'll be building a new coop soon (once the new fencing is done). This thread has been very informative.
I'm really happy with it, it's easy to apply, seems a very nice and sturdy rubbery surface, easy to clean, waterproof, I've had no problems with lice/mites, and if I ever should want to replace it (although I honestly don't think I will need to) i can just cut it open with a thin knife and put a new one.

The only thing is indeed if you need a lot that it gets much pricey er than for example Lyme wash

I never heard of a lyme wash. Does it offer moisture resistance? Does it deter mites etc?
Years ago, most folks couldn't afford paint. And when they built something, the wood was green. It had come straight from the woods, sawn at the mill, nailed to the barn. The wood being green needed time dry before paint or whitewash. So if you didn't leave a house, barn, or fence natural - you would whitewash/ limewash. After multiple coats it might deter some moisture, but it isn't going to perform like paint. It has the previous mentioned benefits, and purdies up wood. Hope it helps someone

Back
Top Bottom