Any Siberian husky owners?

Pics
Also, specifically with cats, I have read that if raised with cats from puppyhood, huskies and mals can be fine with cats, but rescues probably wouldn't be.

I had a husky for 14 years, a rescue. He was just fine with my cats, after my siamese put a claw in him. Other cats outside, however, were fun to chase. He never caught one, but I dont think it would have been pretty.
I think it depends on training and personality.
He was the best dog ive ever had.

Also, specifically with cats, I have read that if raised with cats from puppyhood, huskies and mals can be fine with cats, but rescues probably wouldn't be.
It seems with all breeds of dogs people have very different opinions of if they will get along with cats or not, or whats the best way of getting them to get a long.

I have had one person say no husky will ever get along with cats, a different person said that it would be best to get a dog from either a breeder who has huskies with cats or a adult rescue who gets along with cats. Another person said getting a adult rescue would be best. Its getting very confusing and I am not sure what to do

I had a husky for 14 years, a rescue. He was just fine with my cats, after my siamese put a claw in him. Other cats outside, however, were fun to chase. He never caught one, but I dont think it would have been pretty.
I think it depends on training and personality.
He was the best dog ive ever had.
Thank you! Did he not chase your cats if they ran?

Back
Top Bottom