Any Siberian husky owners?

Ain't this the truth???? Granted, I live in the Deep South but I cannot believe the incredible MOUNDS of hair that comes off her.... No matter how much I brush her daily, she just keeps shedding and it gets onto and into EVERYTHING.

Like my husband and I have nearly divorced over the dog hair.
Hector killed two Roombas.

Why is there so much variation in how huskies look?

1623743421062.jpeg

1623743477870.jpeg

Pictures from the internet

So far my thoughts on huskies

Pros
  • Look intimidating (maybe?)
  • Love their personality
  • Mushing
  • Easy to find one
Cons
  • Bad watchdog (My mother would like something that at least barks at strangers, people knocking on the door and things going on near the house)
  • Not 100% sure they will get along with cats
  • Can’t be let of lead (not the worst but I would like to be able to walk some places with the dog of lead)

I am not sure I want one, but I don’t think any of the other mushing breeds are any better.

Why is there so much variation in how huskies look?

View attachment 2719192

View attachment 2719193

Pictures from the internet
Well they come in different colors (that black one and that red one and I think another?) then I'm going to assume there's a difference in looks between working and show lines, and there's enough BYBs doing them that I'm sure there are loads that are really poor quality for both show and working

So far my thoughts on huskies

Pros
  • Look intimidating (maybe?)
  • Love their personality
  • Mushing
  • Easy to find one
Cons
  • Bad watchdog (My mother would like something that at least barks at strangers, people knocking on the door and things going on near the house)
  • Not 100% sure they will get along with cats
  • Can’t be let of lead (not the worst but I would like to be able to walk some places with the dog of lead)

I am not sure I want one, but I don’t think any of the other mushing breeds are any better.
Hmm....mals are the same but all of those cons are basically amplified.

Samoyeds, I think, are more chill with cats and can be better off lead, but are still bad watchdogs and don't look intimidating.

Maybe look into Canadian eskimo dogs, yakutian laikas, and greenland dogs? Those are other mushing breeds but I don't know anything about them. Maybe watch a crufts working group to see all of the sled pulling ones?

Last edited:
Well they come in different colors (that black one and that red one and I think another?) then I'm going to assume there's a difference in looks between working and show lines, and there's enough BYBs doing them that I'm sure there are loads that are really poor quality for both show and working
Most show lines here work as well, I think its probably pet quality and show quality

Back
Top Bottom