Any Siberian husky owners?

I want to go to one! But they are all cancelled at the moment

They can but some of them don’t want to pull and run, I want to lower the chance of them not wanting to pull. Alaskan huskies I can’t fing here and I as far as I can tell they have more energy then Siberian huskies (I don’t think I will be able to find eurohounds either).

I also really like malamutes for there personality the only problem is their size

Joring is mushing, I have found lots of definitions for mushing so I a, not sure what is correct but to me joring is mushing. I want to do dryland mushing

I will try to talk to some mushers, most people here use siberian huskies as far as I have seen and most malamutes breeders do mushing
That makes sense but most young active dogs will have no problems pulling 😁

And I don’t think Alaskan huskies necessarily have any more energy ? Not sure where you heard that? Siberian’s typically have quite a bit of energy too and are not lazy dogs by any means so don’t get them thinking that they are. Some Alaskans might even be more chill since it’s more of a mix/land race than a breed and varies quite a lot.

And I think the Eurohounds are more common there than here! Just Google like “Eurohound puppies for sale UK” or something and you’ll find tons. Now, a newer breed mix like Greyster are less common cause they just had the first litter not long ago but the Eurohounds are very common!

Yeah the size is definitely a concern as is the hair!! And be sure to be prepared for the personality.

And yeah it’s definitely a type of mushing for sure! It all falls into that category. But just for ease and less confusion I call them separate things hahah by dryland mushing do you mean with like one or two dogs or a whole team? Cause both can technically be “dryland mushing”

I forgot to add that it also needs to put off burglaries, which I don’t think samoyed would do
Any dog can do that as long as it has a big enough bark hahah most people won’t stick around to see that it’s actually a fluff ball or tiny dog. They’ll just hear barking and move on because it’s not worth the risk. You don’t need one to actually bite and shouldn’t have one anyway. Doesn’t matter that the dog would actually lick them to death, just needs to bark which a Samoyed could definitely do easily.

I'm also pretty sure that there's a way for you to teach 'warning barks' when there's someone outside- you could have the dog bark like 3 times, then have a signal for 'stop, it's all good', and if you're not there to give that signal, then the dog would keep going

That makes sense but most young active dogs will have no problems pulling 😁

And I don’t think Alaskan huskies necessarily have any more energy ? Not sure where you heard that? Siberian’s typically have quite a bit of energy too and are not lazy dogs by any means so don’t get them thinking that they are. Some Alaskans might even be more chill since it’s more of a mix/land race than a breed and varies quite a lot.

And I think the Eurohounds are more common there than here! Just Google like “Eurohound puppies for sale UK” or something and you’ll find tons. Now, a newer breed mix like Greyster are less common cause they just had the first litter not long ago but the Eurohounds are very common!

Yeah the size is definitely a concern as is the hair!! And be sure to be prepared for the personality.

And yeah it’s definitely a type of mushing for sure! It all falls into that category. But just for ease and less confusion I call them separate things hahah by dryland mushing do you mean with like one or two dogs or a whole team? Cause both can technically be “dryland mushing”
https://iditarod.com/do-many-siberian-huskies-run-the-iditarod-if-not-why/ it does not say they are more energetic but thats what I got from it. The reason why I don’t think alaskan huskies are calmer is because they are bred for mushing and not being a pet, while Siberian huskies are bred for being a pet as well as mushing (at least by some breeders).

But can you find reputable breeders of Eurohounds?

one to two dogs, maybe later more

Any dog can do that as long as it has a big enough bark hahah most people won’t stick around to see that it’s actually a fluff ball or tiny dog. They’ll just hear barking and move on because it’s not worth the risk. You don’t need one to actually bite and shouldn’t have one anyway. Doesn’t matter that the dog would actually lick them to death, just needs to bark which a Samoyed could definitely do easily.
Most place's will tell you samoyeds don’t really bark and I never said anything about wanting it to bite, please read my thread before posting

Back
Top Bottom