Any teens on BYC?? Teen talk thread. (Older/younger ppl also welcome!) Lets talk self sufficiency. :)

Alright... change of plans! This thread is for people of all ages now that are interested in self sufficiency, raising animals, gardening, fishing ect. Please feel free to post your age though! Interested to see how old the people of BYC are. Maybe we can all find people that are in the same age group and/or have the same interests!
Yay!
I'm 28. Our family has a homestead with cows, pigs, turkeys, geese, ducks, chickens, guineas, and meat birds (as well as a dog and a few cats as "useless" pets).
20210724_065744.jpg
20210726_131102.jpg
20210724_065416.jpg
20210712_162719.jpg
20210629_183022.jpg
20210601_160621.jpg

Hey y'all! I'm Kenna and I'm from Polk City, FL! I am 18 and have been obsessed with animals pretty much since birth. :) I don't care if they have scales, feathers, fur.... I love em all. I am working on learning to be more self sufficient. I have raised my own meat chickens (cornish X), built my own coops, started a garden (and harvested some huge tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, watermelons ect.) and have even learned how to do emergency surgeries on animals that are hurt or sick. I love everything outdoors. I love to fish! It seems there aren't many teens out there nowadays that have the same passion as me so I figured I would try posting here to see if there is other teenagers out there that are also working to become more self sufficient! If you are under 20 and love poultry, being self sufficient, gardening, fishing ect. please feel free to say hi! I figure this thread can be used for us teenagers to discuss all types of things and to help each other learn how to do different things. :) feel free to post pictures, videos, tutorials or whatever you have in mind!

I raise different types of poultry. I like to have a variety so I have Emu, chickens, turkeys, guineas, ducks and a peahen! My family and I also raise bloodhounds. :) I rescue animals anytime I get a chance to. I have a 3 legged dog and have had potbelly pigs with missing ears, bow legged turkeys, chic

I
Well, I don't think they're useless but the house cats don't contribute to the farm in a helpful way. We only have house cats because I adore them. 🥰
My outdoor cats on the other hand catch mice on a frequent basis. 👍
agreed. I love house cats and yes, farm cats kill mice and rats, but they also have tons of fleas and pesticides and they can get away...

Back
Top Bottom