Any tips for introducing another dog into our "pack"?

does anyone else have any tips for me?...
smile.png
, Wendy

....sigh...:|...any other tips?...how do i make my male Duke comfortable with him?...will my new dog attack my female??...since she has already snapped at him?..even though he backed right off of her when she did it..i just want this to go correctly....sorry to be a pest asking..Wendy

have you still not introduced the males to each other, other than through the gate? i would definitely let them get to know each other without your female around. You never know, they may get along better since Duke is a young male. He may be a little nervous, but I find that dogs can usually work things out on their own. Also, it is probably a good thing that Daisy is warning Ares, and that he is respecting it. As the oldest, she will likely be dominate (and I take it she is already above Duke in the pecking order...) to both of them, and Duke and Ares just need to work out who will be next in line. You said neither seemed aggressive, so hopefully it will be fine. You may want to try to introduce them to each other by doing something fun with both of them to keep them a little distracted and not totally obsessed with each other. Although I suggest there are two people there when this happens, so no jealousy issues occur. Good Luck! They are all beautiful, and I hope it works out. Keep us posted! And more pictures are always welcome too
wink.png

thanks chickenfanaticAB...i appreciate the help very much...so..when i introduce them dont have Daisy around?..okay..i will try that..thanks alot for that tip!.
big_smile.png
...Wendy

Back
Top Bottom