any tircks or a sloution

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by theprimouomo, Jul 9, 2011.

1. theprimouomo

theprimouomo Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2010
    So ....i love to keep my chickens on free range i enjoy it and they enjoy it , i love how they run around each other taking sand bathes chickes following their mumy.I mean come on who doesnt like that just like kids in the play ground! but the killer about the situation is that HOW TO GET THEM BACK TO THE COOP WITHOUT CHASING THEM DOING WIRED NOISE !! HAVE U GOT ANY OTHER SLOUTION RATHER THAN CHASING THEM? PLEASE REPLAY:D

2. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

the way to a chicken's heart is through it's stomach (well.. unless you're butchering them.. lol)..
    seriously though. train them to come to you for treats.. you can also use a clicker when you give out the goodies.. if they learn to come when called for treats all you have to do is call them and head for the coop.. they should come running

3. La Mike

La Mike (Always Slightly Off)

Nov 20, 2009
    louisiana
    Lol I have mine, ducks too trained to come when I whistle. Funny as all get out I go to whistling and critters come a runnng from all corners [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  4. Hoosierchickens

Hoosierchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2011
    Cloverdale, IN
    Quote:+1

I trained mine from very early on to come when I call by rewarding them with scratch. Make your call/noise when giving them treats and they associate it quickly and come when they hear the noise. A high pitched "chick, chick, chick" works. Just pick a call that they can hear from fairly far away.

5. theprimouomo

theprimouomo Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2010
    Mama And Auntie Are Over A Year But The Chikes Are 5 Months Is It To Late ?

6. Mrs. K

Mrs. K Overrun With Chickens

Nov 12, 2009
    western South Dakota
    No, just every time you feed them anything, call out the same thing. I also, carry a stick, tapping it on the ground and call, 'hut,hut' when I want them in. Don't chase, that gets them riled up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by