Any way to get guineas to lay during winter?

Vermont Poultry

In the Brooder
Sep 22, 2016
Northern Vermont
I have 6 guineas, 2 male, 4 female. They are 17 weeks so they are relatively mature and are most likely physically able to lay eggs but its fall so they are not. What is the best strategy for getting them to lay eggs during the winter? And another quick question, how do I stop my guineas from attacking the chickens, I always thought it was a territorial thing or something of that nature but they seem to do it for fun, every chance they get they will attack. (they were raised together but now live in separate coops).

Good morning!

If you want your guineas to lay eggs during the winter there are many things you should. First, make sure their feed never runs out and most importantly water; it is very important for any poultry to have water at all times, they need to be hydrated before laying eggs. This is how I got to get my guineas to lay in the winter. But in short if you want them to lay eggs make sure food and water is always available. And for the bullying, I would leave them in their separate coops, you cant really do much to tame guineas in that sense.

Best of luck!
Sunshine Ducky

It sometimes depent of the season.mainly the rainfalls.
Our guineas are still laying

The hen above and two guineas.

Below the eggs of a guineahen above,Sous.
1f60a.png

My guineas have started laying fertile eggs in mid in December temperature is 6C at night and 17C during the day, 10 daylight in Mallorca Spain they are about 10 months old. Diet mixed grains and pellets 17% protein all free range and sleep in the trees

Back
Top Bottom