Any winemakers in the BYC?

Quote:
I have always wanted to try muscadine wine. Had some home made strawberry wine one time. It was awesome. Blackberry is good to. OH apple sounds good too. I'm likening the thread.

I make beer and mead but I haven't tried to make wine yet.
Maybe I'll try some this year, but first I have to bottle up the 5 carboys I already have fermenting.

Skip and I made our first wine together last October, 5 gallons of pear wine. A friend of ours told us it couldn't be done, so we just had to try it and did it turn out fantastic (clear, tasty and high octane)! I'll post some pix next week (once I get my pix of hubby's laptop).

We're hoping to make a combination blackberry/blueberry wine from our pathes this year and I've started cultivating/training two wild muscadines for future ventures.

Dawn

Edited because I am relearning how to type after almost 2 years without internet and apparently relearning how to spell.
roll.png

Last edited:
We should catch up on the hawgs sometime and swap flavours/recipes. Y'all aren't too far from me, I'm in NE Texas.

Sounds good to me RoH!
cool.png
But you'll have to join us in being patient since our scoot is still up on a lift after the accident. You can check out scoots before and after pix here.

After we got our settlement money and got all the hospital/medical bills paid off, we decided to invest the rest of it in a piece of land out here in AR (got tired of paying rent). We've been living in a 22' camper since September '09 and decided to get our cabin built first and then get the bike fixed. We plan on starting on the cabin this summer (the frame is up, we've got the camper parked under it) so we're not too far from having our ride back on the road and we can hardly wait!!!

Looking forward to talking with ya more!

Dawn​

I've got 5 gallons of strawberry going now from strawberries I picked myself - nice and ripe. This will be my first batch that size. I've been experimenting with 1 gallon batches until now. I've tried strawberry, blueberry, pineapple, peach, pumpkin and pepper. I didn't like the pineapple and something went wrong with the peach. I haven't even bottled it yet and I'm not sure I'm going to. The strawberry was good and the blueberry was good after about a year. The first blueberry bottle I opened after a few months was nasty though. Just bottled the pumpkin so I haven't tried it yet. But one of my favorites is the pepper. I think I might make a 5 gallon batch of it next time.

Back
Top Bottom