Anybody do florals for weddings?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by flowerchild59, Dec 2, 2011.

1. flowerchild59

flowerchild59 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Southern IL
    My daughter was recently in her best friend's wedding and I agreed to do the wedding flowers as my gift to the wedding couple. I have occasionally done flowers for weddings in the past and never in the capacity of doing it all from A to Z. I did the table decorations, bridal and bridesmaids, bouts and corsages. They were green orchid flower with spikey accents. The bridesmaids had a touch of fuschia and the brides was all green and a touch of cream.
    Here is a link to my photobucket. In the one pic is my dtr, granddaughter and this old grandma.
    http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/g395/flowerchild1959/Wedding Oct 2011/

2. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Very nice!!!!!

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

4. MNShepherdess

MNShepherdess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Minnesota
    Very nicely done! I did all of my own floral stuff for my wedding as well. Blue hygrangeas with green accents & peacock feathers [​IMG]

5. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    The flower for your DD's wedding are gorgeous. I am a trained Floral Designer. i did the flowers for my DD's wedding about 2 and a half years ago. I will have to find some pictures to post.

6. flowerchild59

flowerchild59 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Southern IL
    I didn't know how to do corsages, bouts or a cascade bouquet, but with the power of the internet for you tube on how to do things, and just the plethora of ideas, it was time consuming, but very fun to do. I was laid up all summer with foot surgery, so I had plenty of time to obsess over every detail!!!

7. cityslickers

cityslickers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Florida
    Thank gosh for utube!! They look wonderful [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by