• Sorta

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Margaretlumley01

Songster
Mar 16, 2018
Mn.
This is JJ , my donkey! He loves to get hugs and is 12 years old. He is not trained to ride yet, but will this summer. Any tips are appreciated. He is super sweet and will live the rest of his life with and hopefully that will be a loooooooooooooong time!
20180323_143211.jpg
20180323_143225.jpg

I own 3. Mom is 32 and is missing most of her teeth. Her days are numbered unfortunately. Her boys are 20 and 21. I had a miniature that lived to 36.

Donkeys are sensitive to correction, so harsh training won't work. I broke one to ride years ago. They are definitely different than horses. I think they are more like dogs in their manners.

I see he's with goats. Hopefully he's nice to them. Mine will go after my goats if they get into their pasture. One of my goats is slightly paralyzed on one side from his encounter with my donkeys. Mine have killed ducks in the past, and are dangerous to dogs. Mine are good predator deterrents. I've even seen them chasing stray cats out of the field.

I own 3. Mom is 32 and is missing most of her teeth. Her days are numbered unfortunately. Her boys are 20 and 21. I had a miniature that lived to 36.

Donkeys are sensitive to correction, so harsh training won't work. I broke one to ride years ago. They are definitely different than horses. I think they are more like dogs in their manners.

I see he's with goats. Hopefully he's nice to them. Mine will go after my goats if they get into their pasture. One of my goats is slightly paralyzed on one side from his encounter with my donkeys. Mine have killed ducks in the past, and are dangerous to dogs. Mine are good predator deterrents. I've even seen them chasing stray cats out of the field.
So sorry about momma:thyes they are like dogs and yes he loves the goats and he follows them everywhere! He is like there body guard in fact we adopted him for that very reason!! I hope JJ will live along time, we are almost the same age so it will be really sad when he dies. He is super sweet and most of the time I call him little bro cause he is jus like one !

Back
Top Bottom