Anybody else run a rescue farm ?

Farmergreen

Chirping
9 Years
Oct 22, 2010
Went to the P.O. this morning and found a simi frozen Chickadee bundled it up in my glove and took it home
It is now in my Zebra Finch cage with 2 male Finches.
It Found the water so maybe it will discover the feed soon.
Plan on letting it go first warm spell we have. But you know how some of us are.
Anybody got any experience with wild chickadees?

Yeh he was fine this morning so I let him go. Didn't seem to keen to being in the cage.

Poor thing. Glad he was okay.

I'd also HIGHLY recommend not mixing a wild bird with your pet birds...you never know. Especially since he was not well when you found him. They can carry a whole slew of diseases that you don't want to share with any of your pets, many of which can be fatal.

But, I'm glad he perked up and made it back out safely! :0)

Well it was about 15 degrees outside and I put him in the first place I thought of. I knew I should isolate him but I was suffering from brain freeze LOL.
I give my finches special ordered feed and keep things pretty clean so maybe I'll miss a tragady. I think He was just really cold. we had a nite of freezing drizzle.

Thanks for the concern I'll try to remember next time.

I would treat them all for lice and mites. Wild birds almost always carry them...maybe also cocci as well...
never mix wild birds/animals with your inside cage birds. They dont have the same immunity!

Back
Top Bottom