Anybody Forage Wild Edibles?

bragabit, I've NEVER thought about the possibility of PINE NUTS! WOW. ...Must stalk out the pine trees!!

I too am pretty afraid about the mushrooms! I've learned the spore imprinting thing but I'm still not certain about it.

Yeah the only mycology group in my area are teenagers with a walmart bag in a cow pasture at 6AM!
gig.gif

We have tons of dandelions in our yard (speaking of which, it would be nice for someone to explain how to eat them without your mouth turning inside out
lol.png
). I'm sure there's a lot of other edible things I've never thought of, but I don't know what they are or how to identify them. I would love to eat more stuff from the 'wilderness'
tongue.png

Quote:
i only eat the flowers themselves the whole thing is edible but they best part is just the yellow and no green what so ever. i use to eat them dipped in flour and deep fried but i like em plain now lol

We get Service berries,tea berries,winter green,blackberries,grapes,sassafras root to boil and make a drink out of ( you can chew the young growth bark like gum too). Can get mushrooms to but never found out what ones to pick .

There are so many good greens around here. Miner's lettuce and chickweed are my favorites. I also pick berries whenever I can find them and medicinals for tea. Yarrow and Lemon balm and so many more just 'weeds' in the yard!

If only I had NICE weeds and not the cursed yellow star thistle in my yard. Far as I know its good for NOTHING but causing pain. Not even the chickens will eat it.

Back
Top Bottom