Anybody have any pics of chocolate or dun colored chickens,dun sumatra

Here are some updated photo's of one of my dun, Sumatra hens after her molt. Her color is more even now that the sun burnt feathering is gone.

Here is one of my chicks out of my dun hens, this one may be both dun chocolate plus sex linked chocolate.

My choc/dun mottled d'uccle cross is coming along famously. All my other duns have turned out so greyish looking, but this girl is a rich, milk chocolate. I will get pictures of her tommorrow.

She looks pure d'uccle. Since there is NO WAY in HECK I could get all these d'uccle attributes back so soon after crossing birds, this has got to be a mutation.
Here she is:

What do you guys think?

I love that mottled one. So it's not a crossbred project? Pure D'Uccle? Cool ;)

Now I want you to make it with Lavender to make that chocolate porcelain color.......Please! LOL

Not likely a mutation if she's actually dun or chocolate. If she doesn't breed as a dun or chocolate, she's a pretty awesome imitation. Try her with black and you'll know what you have. I Love her and hope she's really dun, she looks it. Did you breed for her? what do the parents look like? That pumpkin looking rooster you posted before that I did not think was dun, well it would be very cool to know that dun is part of the genetic make up for pumpkin. I never thought it could be, never seen a pumpkin produce dun but if she is bred to black and produces black and dun, I'm really excited then.

Here is a close up of the face of one of my recessive chocolate Araucana project chicks. They even have chocolate brown eyes
The red marker was for my own marker for me to see if this spot grew out some tufts

I have a pure, fun only chick the same age as the rec chic chick above. I'll take pictures tomorrow. Either way, the gene was introduced somewhere in the background whether she is rec chic or choc fun. Either way, I really like her and I want to see some porcelain crossing to her lol

Back
Top Bottom