Anybody tat?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by chickmashnoon, Oct 20, 2011.

1. chickmashnoon

chickmashnoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Just thought I'd poke my nose in here and see if anyone else here tatted and/or had any chicken patterns? [​IMG]

2. dadsdeercamp

dadsdeercamp Say goodnight gracie

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    I got this the other night
    [​IMG]

3. chickmashnoon

[​IMG] Cute! I like! I have a few tatoos too but I REALLY meant tatting, [​IMG] a kind of lacework done with a string of knots pulled into rings to make dainty but durable patterens of rings and arches.

But if anyone has cool tattoos of chickens, that would be awesome too.[​IMG] I've seen some beautiful japanese imagery of dramatic fighting cocks that was impressive.

4. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! There was a very similar thread last year that was misunderstood then too [​IMG]

5. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    I thought tattoos also!!!! Then thought who in the world keeps chickens & does tatoo work as a hobby!

I remember when I was in the army there was a guy that did tattoos in his barracks room. He never got caught & once his time in the army was up he opened his own shop.

6. ecocheapomom

ecocheapomom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I thought tattoos as well. I don't know how many tattoo artists keep chickens, but my husband and I are covered in tattoos and we love our flock [​IMG]

7. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    Quote:Us too [​IMG]

8. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

Quote:uhm... i do... and my husband and I have a bunch of tattoos... and over 100 chickens, ducks and turkeys

9. chickmashnoon

I think it takes a little masochistical leaning to get tattoos and/or clean up chicken poop. We all enjoy our worthwhile agony [​IMG] I have a mermaid as a legpiece, I'll have to find/take a pic. But I was really talking about the lacework when I said tatting- althi if people have chicken tattoos I'd love to see- or any tatoos for that matter. BTW Love the foghorn leghorn! [​IMG]

10. MullersLaneFarm

MullersLaneFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2008
    NW IL Fiber Enabler
    Well, I have a few tats, but when I saw this thread I thought of tatting .... my brain used to was Harley, now it is fuzzy with fiber!!

I've done some needle tatting, haven't learned shuttle tatting yet. Don't know if I will.

Tatting seems so unforgiving. I mean, it is making knots after all and if you mess up, you can't really take it apart too easily!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by