Anybody up to creating a tutorial?

2wheelsdaily

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 9, 2009
South Georgia
It would be really really nice if one of you who regularly shows chickens would create a thread with a simple tutorial including pics of what you check on a chicken when deciding to show it.
My interest is in Silkies but I assume there are some basic things you check but then again I guess different breeds would have different requirements.
I really just would like to see what you experts check. I would like to show Silkies one day but don't want to enter an embarrassing bird!
Any takers?

Bobby

You could get a copy of the Standard of Perfection. That should tell you what constitutes a good bird from a bad one.

I would imagine that for silkies, the feathering and the quality of the freathering would be a biggie since that is one of the characteristics that defines the breed. That and the color of the skin. Just a guess though. I have no experience with showing silkies.

The "Marans SOP" thread has a lot of pics that can apply to all breeds of chickens, faults and DQs.

With Silkies, you can find quite a few pics and info on the already existing threads. Getting a copy of the SOP book would help you too like the previous poster said.

Back
Top Bottom