Anyone buy ammunition online?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by NYboy, Jan 18, 2013.

1. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    Here in NY ammunition is getting very hard to find. Does anyone have a good online site for ammo? Thanks

2. JD4570

JD4570 Chillin' With My Peeps

Best thing I can tell you is to use a search engine and put in what type of ammo you're looking for. That way you can find some of the lesser known distributors and have a better chance of finding it. I live here in Texas and unless you happen to know the small time dealers directly your chances of finding any are slim to none. Or you're gonna have to wait a long time.[​IMG]

3. Chipper

Chipper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2009
    Washington County, NY
    You may want to think about reloading your own ammo,thats what I do and it's a great hobby as well..I've never bought loaded ammo on line and I think the shipping is pretty expensive. Good Luck !

4. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    If you want I will PM you a name of a place that I buy online even though they are not supposed to sell to customers in Mass. Most won't ship here because if the laws, Cabelas included. Prices are fairly cheap even with shipping.

5. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Ammo is getting hard to find or expensive everywhere that I have heard of.

6. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    We either go to Bass Pro shop or Walmart, sometimes Cabelas.

7. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    Walmart and dicks sporting goods are sold out, they claim they don't know when more will come in

8. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Your just not going to find much ammo out there. People are buying every box they can find. I would love to have 5 times what I normally keep on hand but I only have about half my normal supply so we have stopped shooting. Go hang out at a gun store a while. People will tell you that they are expecting a fight an are gearing up. I have never seen a ammo shortage like this in my life. Even LEOs are talking about not being able to get any...

9. James the Bald

James the Bald Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2013
    here is one website that I get both reloading supplies and loaded ammunition: www.midwayusa.com. I mostly reload my own ammo... it started out that I wanted to "save money" by reloading at half the cost, but it ends up that I go to the range and shoot twice as much and spend the same amount of money on 2 boxes of reloads that my buddies spend on 1 box of the factory stuff. There are some bullets that I can't reload, especially some of the premium hunting bullets, so I buy a box of the premium ammo that I am going to hunt with, and load a box (100 rounds) of the same weight bullet so I can sight in at the beginning of the hunting season. I've been reloading for about 15 years now, and I've saved $$$ by reloading instead of buying the factory stuff. If you shoot a lot, you may want to do some research about reloading.

10. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    ammo is getting hard to find everywhere. Midwayusa is a good place to start. Reloading might be the the way to go.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by