Anyone die from anticipation while waiting on hatching? UPDATE PICS!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by shellyga, Dec 17, 2010.

1. shellyga

shellyga Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2010
    Milner
    Today is day 21 and of course I rushed into the chicken room (used to be a guest room) at 5:00 am and NOTHING.. not sure what I expected but after all IT IS DAY 21..lol. After a very long and stressful day at work - I am a teacher and today was the final day of school before Christmas break..I come home and look in the incubator.. NOTHING..[​IMG]

So then I sit down to catch up on all the news on BYC and what is that I hear.. PEEPS [​IMG]...coming from my incubator - which luckily is just 3 steps from the computer. I again look in there.. examining every egg through my tiny window.. I don't see ANYTHING out of the ordinary. It is now about 2 hours later.. and am I imagining that I see some "chips" flaking off two eggs in particular.. and another with a tiny imperfection that I am SURE I would have noticed before.. this is new for me and the two that have "flakes" coming off were definitely not that way 2 hours ago.

I have decided that I shall surely perish waiting for signs of a pip.. let alone a WHOLE CHICK.. [​IMG]

Shelly

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I can see it now!

Mahonri - RIP
    May 1958 - December 31st, 2010
    Died waiting for chicks to hatch

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  3. justtoni44

justtoni44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    oregon
    Boy do I relate...
    Yes.peeps first , you are not losing your mind.
    Had my husband listen with the first hatch because I thought perhaps my mind was playing tricks on me.
    I have some due the 12/22....
    You would think it was a first.already wearing myself out checking the bater...
    If I wake up to go potty during the night..I make a trip in to check things out.

I have LG stiill airs and they are always a few days late.
    Let us know what happens..........[​IMG]

4. coltssuperbowl83

coltssuperbowl83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Kingsville
    I'm the same way. My chicks are due NOW!!! but the more i go look and watch, the further i think they are from hatching.... i keep checking the eggs then the calendar to make sure i'm on the right day...... went to the bathroom twice last night (which never happens), I think i just wanted an excuse to go check them and i'm sure my wife thinks i'm crazy by now. I keep making peeps to the eggs "peep! Peep! PEEP!", but still nothing. They move every once in a while when i do that, but still nothing. Good luck to you and your chicks, but yes i am about to die from anticipation as well.

5. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    If anyone actually had, it would freak me out if they posted in this thread!! [​IMG]

6. MamaChic21

MamaChic21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    Jackson, NJ
    My broody mom is way over due ! On the 26th day, 1 egg hatched that was 29 hours ago. I check up on her every 30 minutes, and no sign of a new chic [​IMG]
    Good luck with your new baby chic's to come.

7. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    twice [​IMG]

8. chickendude1

chickendude1 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2010
    Morganton North Carolina
    My silkie eggs are due tommorw and are pipping today gunna have some silkies soon. !! [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. shellyga

shellyga Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2010
    Milner
    Colts.. are your chicks due today too... I just checked again.. TRYING to make myself wait at least an hour.. I think I say a "flake" of the egg move.. himmmI would so like to see a HOLE.. with a tiny beak...[​IMG]

Justtoni44.. I have another batch due on the 22nd too.. at least the remaining eggs will be able to spread out a little more.. 2/3 of the incubator is still turning with eggs.. and there is a homemade divider between them and the ones due to hatch NOW... [​IMG]

Mrs. FuzzyButts -- if I do somehow perish.. I will get a message to the BYC forum.. [​IMG]

Shelly

10. wannabchick

wannabchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    [​IMG]
    Ms.FuzzyButts :

If anyone actually had, it would freak me out if they posted in this thread!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by