1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone do their own Website?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lilcritters, Dec 28, 2011.

1. lilcritters

lilcritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2011
    White Church Missouri
    I have Geocities that changed a few years back... now it's yahoo something.. beats me what... I try and try to update my site and just get SOOO frustrated! How do I change it to another host? I would rather not loose my domain and would HATE to have to start from scratch since I have had this one for at least 8 years, but I'm so tired of not being able to fix or update....

April

2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Do you have a contract with them? If not, you can probably just delete it and create another website. I have a free website and I have been very pleased with it. VERY easy to create, navigate and make changes.

Here is a link to my website.
    http://happyacresfarm.webs.com/

3. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    doteasy.com is easy to transfer domains. I had to use it for my web design class and it is really simple.

4. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    I did mine with Intuit. Not awfully user friendly (well, my computer is 10 years old, that might also be the problem) but great customer service.

5. zzGypsy

zzGypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    godaddy.com has some pretty easy to use tools and lots of pre-rolled templates. you can transfer your domain name. you might not be able to transfer your site content, but it depends on how it was built... some you can.

you can always call godaddy customer support, sometimes companies will do things like transfer your site to get you to sign up with them. I've had very good experiences with the godaddy support team.

6. lilcritters

Oct 8, 2011
    White Church Missouri
    Would the name of my site change if I go to another host? Right now its sweetacresminiatures.com will that change?

April

7. lilcritters

Oct 8, 2011
    White Church Missouri
    Would the name of my site change if I go to another host? Right now its sweetacresminiatures.com will that change? I have had Yahoo for YEARS I have no contract with them at all now.

April

8. zzGypsy

zzGypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    if you own the xx.com, that can be transfered. sometimes it's a bit of a pain because the company you're leaving might not be in too much of a hurry to let you go, but they are required to do so. talk with customer service at whichever company you go to, they can take you through the process.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  9. lilcritters

Oct 8, 2011
    White Church Missouri
    I may call Yahoo and see if they can do something to fix my problem first.. i am just ticked about not being able to do anything....

April

10. Desirai

Desirai Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2011
    Alabama
    I have a degree in web design .. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by