Anyone due on the 16th?

We've had three hatch, one zip and quit, and one more is pipped externally. Hopefully some more hatch. We're on day 23 and temps were a solid 99.5 the entire time, so no clue why we're behind. I got about 3 hours of sleep last night because they are SO noisy when they first hatch.

ohhh yeah i know what that is like but a good way to shut them up is if they are in the incubator take washclothes to put over the viewing windows so they will think its nightime and if im really loosing sleep from them sleeping during day and awake all night i turn off the light in the brooder and they shutup and i put a blanket around some of the air holes to keep them from getting too cold

We had a pretty good hatch this weekend, the shipped eggs I only got 5 of 18, from a friend I had 18 eggs, 17 hatched, then the folks co hatching had about 80%. Took all the hatched out this evening, put in the respective brooders and set the rest of the eggs back in the hatcher. Went and looked again, five more of the co-hatches have hatched out.

heres two pics of my new hatch i have 14 hatched out so far and 3 died in the shells i have 15 eggs left to hatch out and about 10 of them have pipped holes

92874_100_0226.jpg

92874_100_0227.jpg
i love this close up of the white one with the brown stripe down his back he's sooo pretty! too bad hes a roo i have no use for him
smile.png

I hate it when are huddled like this and the chicks are on the bottom under them they get trampled on
sad.png

Oh they are too cute!!!!

I got up this morning to check on Red and the peeps and 3 of my fuzzy butts had vanished! I don't know if a snake got in or what! And if a snake got in, I don't see how it could have possibly gotten out of the little bitty cracks in the eaves with 3 chicks in it! I've spend the day trying to figure it out.

I moved a small coop into the run and moved mama and the remaining 4 chicks in there. I sure hope they are okay tonight!

On top of it all, an acquaintance of my DH just told him that he wants to get rid of the seven 4-month old pullets his daughter brought home in March. In a moment of insanity (no doubt brought on by the disappearance of my chicks) I agreed. Then I read about quarantining..... Now I'm trying to figure out how to convert my kids' playground into a coop by Friday.
th.gif

my hatch is over i think i started out with 33 and tried my first dry hatch i lost 3 in the shells and 6 have not pipped holes but im gonna leave them in there until Thursday and then clean it out for my next lock which is next Mon and Tue and i have 24 baby chicks in the tub brooder ^_^ so i had 60% hatch this time and i had some start pipping 2 days early and then hatching a day early and then others hatching on time so this was a very good hatch but around the 3rd and 4th day is when they get sick and die off so Thursday when i go to bury the duds im going to put my new hatchings out in the brooder coop with the rest of the siblings and buffs

92874_100_0228.jpg
it dont look it but thats 24 babys

Back
Top Bottom