Anyone else been sick...a lot?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chixrus, Dec 8, 2009.

1. chixrus

chixrus Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    First off, i rarely get sick. once or twice a year maybe. but this year, i got hit hard with a cold in august that lasted two weeks, i thought that it went away, but then i got hit really hard with another cold about a week and a half later. and haven't really gotten over it. every time i think that i'm getting better, i get a relapse again. it's not a very bad cold, just a stuffy nose, sore throat sometimes, occasionally a headache and a cough. but then a few days ago, i got a fever and the next morning i woke up and my heart was just pounding, about 110 per minute, i don't know if that's like, really really fast, but it went away as soon as i ate breakfast. idk, should i go to the doctor? it could be walking pnemonia i suppose. what should i do and has anyone else had this?

2. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    I've been sick off and on but I asked for this last one. My friend said not to hug her 'cause she had a cold and I said "Oh I've already had a cold a few weeks ago. I'm fine" and I hugged her anyway. [​IMG]
    Seriously though if your heart rate is spiking that high I would at least call your doctor/PA/advice nurse and get their opinion! Can't hurt.

3. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    I am sick right now and I blame it all on STRESS! High school is stressful and with the semester ending and exams coming up, the teachers are packing it in! The last time I was sick was November for the first or second week. Right now it's just a head cold. I have the worse head ache and sinus pressure. Hopefully it won't get any worse...

4. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I'm sick. First cold of the year. Sore throat, headache, one side stuffed, the other side running. Stinks.

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    son of Mahonri hasn't been in school the last two days... stomach flu.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by