Anyone else due on the 7th? or 14th?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Lach Cnoc Farm, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Lach Cnoc Farm

Lach Cnoc Farm Songster

Apr 16, 2009
    Western Washington
    I just set my eggs a few minutes ago and was wondering if anyone else set theirs today or tonight? It would be neat to hatch along with someone else.

I just put in:

5 Pure Muscovy Eggs
    5 Runner/GC Eggs
    3 EE Eggs (possibly X's)
    4 LH-X
    8 Mixed Brown Eggs

All the ones with hearts on them are from my girls, then there's the Mix & Muscovy Eggs [​IMG] All the others, including the blue one, are due to hatch any day!

and YES that's 2 new babies in the corner..had to help them hatch so they're stuck in "bed" for a day or so, lol.

Almost forgot...the one wit a clover was for good luck, I'd be surprised if that funky thing hatches!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  2. giasmom

giasmom Songster

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    I set some eggs today 3 turkey 10 bantams Plus I set 32 eggs yesterday. What kind of bator is that?

3. Lach Cnoc Farm

Lach Cnoc Farm Songster

Apr 16, 2009
    Western Washington
    its an LG still air. i bought it for $10 WITH a turner from someone i bought silkies from...she had only used it once but it was out in her barn so it was kinda dirty...works great though [​IMG]

i have a better time keeping humidity with the sponges/rags rather than in the water trays though...not sure why.

4. giasmom

giasmom Songster

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    The little stamp idea is cool

5. Lach Cnoc Farm

Lach Cnoc Farm Songster

Apr 16, 2009
    Western Washington
    figured it'd be easier to tell whats what in case i add more eggs after the duck eggs in the front hatch, lol.

6. Lach Cnoc Farm

Lach Cnoc Farm Songster

Apr 16, 2009
    Western Washington
    nobody else set eggs on the 16th?

7. rnoyster

rnoyster Songster

Jan 20, 2009
    Conway, South Carolina
    I set 50 Buff Orpinton eggs on the 12th. I will be candling them on Saturday to check their progress. This is the second set of BO Eggs that I have had shipped in. The first time I hatched 17 out of 20 eggs that I set. I hope that I have as good of Luck with this set!

8. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher Songster

Mar 16, 2009
    Indiana
    I set mine today. Have no idea what all of them are, i know some should be bantam frizzles. And I already can't wait!

9. Lach Cnoc Farm

Lach Cnoc Farm Songster

Apr 16, 2009
    Western Washington
    I wish i could get some frizzles locally, i miss my old roo!

mine might hatch a little bit early, i have the temp a little higher because of the duck eggs...they seem to do better at a little bit higher temp.

10. Lach Cnoc Farm

Lach Cnoc Farm Songster

Apr 16, 2009
    Western Washington
    I just added 2 duck eggs i found in a hidden nest...my hen is FAMOUS for digging a nest out then covering the eggs with dirt! lol. i am constantly watching for 'odd' looking areas of dirt or shavings around the bird area.

I'm not sure how old they are so i will be checking them tomorrow since i only set them yesterday...*fingers crossed*

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: