Anyone else due to hatch on March 23rd? *first post updated :) *

They went in on 4th, so they are due to come out 25th if I'm right? Or does day 1 commence 24 hours after setting in incubator?
Incubator is self made, controlled by computer.

Only set 2 eggs because I haven't got the room for many more.

1st egg appears more lively than the second (watch in 720p)

It depends on what time you set them. If it was in the morning then that is day one. Afternoon/evening then the next day is day one. (Right? Someone with more experiance chime in, please!)

I think we lock down Sat as well. I'm so looking forward to finding out how many chickies I get!!!

Have you read through this https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=261876

Also
make sure the light you are using is bright enough for you eggs. The darker the eggs brighter the light. Some eggs you can't see through no matter how hard you try.

I will
fl.gif
for your hatch

hi eveyone,
over the last few days i have been candling the eggs,
here are the ones i have left:

Purchased eggs:

- 5 marans eggs - I dont know the eggs are too dark to see anything
- 4 splash andalusian eggs - All of them
big_smile.png

- 3 bahma eggs - Only one left
hmm.png

My own flock:

- 3 white leghorn X bcm or wb eggs - Only one left
hmm.png

- 4 black sex link X bcm or wb eggs - All of them
big_smile.png

- 3 rhode island white X bcm or wb eggs - NOT A SINGLE ONE WAS EVEN FERTILE
he.gif
somad.gif

- 2 red sex link X bcm or wb - Only one, but the other one was he first egg

Last edited:
I could see in my maran eggs with a 100 watt bulb. It wasn't clear but I could see the dancing shadow etc. I'm going to try this week with a 150 watt bulb.

GAHH!!! I knocked the plug to the bulb out of the wall!
barnie.gif

It got down to 80*
he.gif
I spot checked a couple eggs and saw movement. It was only for at the most two hours so the eggs didn't cool down too much right? RIGHT???
fl.gif

Here's a picture of my setup. Expecting 16 (hopefully) mixed breed chicks on the 23rd. As stated before...this is my test run so that I know what I am doing before my Delaware, Speckled Sussex, and Dominique eggs arrive early next month!

79085_incubator.jpg

Wow Stevenson, your set up blows my Speedway cooler with a night light and computer fan out of the water!!

Quote:
gig.gif
I bought this incubator on craigslist. I was in the process of building my own and found this one. I figured I couldn't build one as cheap as I could buy this one, so I bought it. I have made some minor changes since I got it and added an automatic egg turner...but it is working out great so far. Hopefully I'll have a great hatch next week!

Back
Top Bottom