Anyone else due to hatch on March 23rd? *first post updated :) *

Quote:
In the bator set to hatch on the 20th, I have Salmon Faverolles, Bared Rock - White EE mixes, and Cuckoo Maran

The one that I am setting tonight I will have Old English Game Battam Black Breasted Reds, Millie Fluer D'Uccle, Barred Rock - White EE mixes, and Cuckoo Marans

Quote:
Oh sounds exciting!
smile.png

Did you have your hens lay those? Or did you have to buy them from a local farmer?

well 26 eggs under old girl she hatches two batches a year with good outcome only broody Ive had in 5 years sillkie cross jersey giant white and i have the incubators full hand turn two standard size and on bantams of all kinds all due around 22----25 depending on pip to hatch so im with you

Hey! I have 16 eggs in the incubator due on the 23rd! This is a test run with mixed breed eggs...my first time incubating! I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing before my Delaware eggs arrive in early April.

I bought a homemade incubator and did some minor changes to it. It will hold 82 eggs when I have both egg turners in. Temps are holding great, but I am a bit concerned about my humidity....not what I am reading (holding at 40%), but if it is a true reading. I took my hydrometer out last night and tried to test it using the salt method, but when I woke up it read 57%. I don't hardly believe that is correct. I either did something wrong, or the hydrometer is WAY off. I think I'll buy another one before my hatch in April.

Very much looking forward to having someone else along for the ride to ask questions!!! Good Luck with yours!

Quote:
In the bator set to hatch on the 20th, I have Salmon Faverolles, Bared Rock - White EE mixes, and Cuckoo Maran

The one that I am setting tonight I will have Old English Game Battam Black Breasted Reds, Millie Fluer D'Uccle, Barred Rock - White EE mixes, and Cuckoo Marans

Ohh that sounds neat
smile.png

I have a friend who owns a cuckoo Maran. Apparently it is the only broody one of the bunch. Though they don't have a rooster, so it doesn't come in handy for them at all.

Buschie's dozen :

well 26 eggs under old girl she hatches two batches a year with good outcome only broody Ive had in 5 years sillkie cross jersey giant white and i have the incubators full hand turn two standard size and on bantams of all kinds all due around 22----25 depending on pip to hatch so im with you

Yay
smile.png

Good luck, I hope they all hatch for you!​

Quote:
I don't get my hydrometer until tomorrow. I had to have a friend get one for me, since I can't leave the house. It is because my incubator is set on a low shelf and I have two monstrous dogs, (or well one) who is very curious, and nosy. So i do not trust her in the house alone with it. (they have to stay inside since we have been getting about 75mph winds)
But good luck to you, I hope you find a properly working hydrometer.

Last edited:
Quote:
Ahh I went to pet stores with a friend to look at bulletin board adds for farm fresh eggs, and we called around until we found two places we liked. Very long day of driving around town looking for places haha.

Back
Top Bottom