Anyone else due to hatch on March 23rd? *first post updated :) *

Quote:
Good luck!!
smile.png

I hope what wakes you up tomorrow isn't your alarm clock, but little chirps
smile.png

Woke up to 4 chicks in the incubator! I actually got to watch one zip and come out of its shell. I'll post pictures in a few hours....right now I am going back to bed!!!!
ya.gif

I've got 7 total out and 2 more zipping, and at least 3 more pips. This is so nerve wracking watching the unzippers, I was a bad girl and took the three fluffy dry chicks out, and probably lost a bunch of humidity. But I was afraid when the other chicks hatched they would be stomped. I should have just left them in there, as one already has spraddle legs from the paper towels on the brooder box. Now he's hating me for giving him the bandaids brace treatment. Next time I'm buying the rubbery shelf liner to use for the first few days. I'm thinking a the paper towels I've got are a bit too slippery.

Quote:
Awesome congrats

My bator is so quiet... My babies are on lockdown and I keep waiting for the little peep peep or tap tap. Day 18 *sigh* I keep telling myself just a few more days. But its so hard
fl.gif

My wife called and apparently I am up to 9 chicks now. Of the 7 eggs that are left, at least 5 are pipped.....looks like my first time hatching is going to be a success!

Quote:
Awesome congrats

My bator is so quiet... My babies are on lockdown and I keep waiting for the little peep peep or tap tap. Day 18 *sigh* I keep telling myself just a few more days. But its so hard
fl.gif

I keep listening hard, and getting excited when I think I hear a peep. Then get disappointed when I realise it was a sparrow or something
sad.png
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom