Anyone else excited about their garden?

jlmann

Songster
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
My son and I are excited!!! I can't wait for some good tomatoes and my son wants to see if the "yard long beans" we found at the feed store will grow. Come on summer!!!! Also what is everyone planting this year?

Last edited:
So far, I only have some bush beans planted, but I have some eggplants in the house that will be planted this week. I hadn't gardened in such a long time, but I had so many protein buckets accumulating I figured I would drop a few bucks on dirt and plants and see if I could manage some fresh veggies. I want to get a few tomato plants and peppers but that's about it.

I am hugely excited over this years garden plan!

I am going to be planting more varieties this year and some heirloom plants as well. Oh and have added two grape plants to the mix as well!

I am getting mostly started plants though. I cant grow things from seed.

I also can't wait until summer. I wonder very often why I live in MN, but I know why. I grew up here and my family and friends are here. I've already planted seeds in the house. They are up and some have already been transplanted into bigger containers. Warm weather, please come soon!!!!!
wee.gif
Have you checked out the crazy seed train on this forum. I've sent and gotten lots of different seeds from that on here.

sandyj

I'm planting a bunch of heirloom tomatoes this year. I would love to get in on the seed trade thing but I'm just getting started with some new varieties and just barely had enough for myself and family and friends this year. Next year though......I should have some really good Red Oxheart tomatoe seeds to trade. They are just an awesome tomatoe

Yes!! We're doing above the ground raised beds this year because my soil is nothing but clay and boulders. This is the first time I've been able to garden since I was a kid because until I moved I only had a tiny little backyard full of screaming neighborhood children and no place to grow anything.

We're using some of the square foot gardening techniques to get the most out of a small area, and planting things that coexist well together in the same space. This first year is a learning year, but I'm still excited about it.

We've got the primary bed built and we're going to get everything in the ground soon, but it's been unseasonably cold this year, so things are puched back a bit.

We ordered some seeds from SeedSavers, a place in Iowa that preserves heirloom breeds. They seem like a very cool place and I look forward to sharing unusual vegetables with friends and family.

wee.gif
Me!! I am!! I love my garden and like the chickens and pens and coops, everything seems to get bigger and multiply by the year!!
lau.gif

Excited?
Yes and No.

Yes, because I ordered seeds from Sandhill Preservation and it will be so neat to see how they turn out compared to the nursery plants I have been growing.

No, because it doesn't matter what I plan - last year I drew a detailed diagram - my DH will come in like a 7 y.o. with ADD and add to it, rearrange it, and recreate it...
th.gif

Yep, we are eggcited.

We have in our garden, doing quite well, the following

cucumbers
green bean
egg plant
yellow squash
jalapenos
banana peppers
bell peppers
tomatos
bok choi
collard greens
mustard greens
onion
green onion
arugala

This coming week the watermelon, okra, and the potatos (some blue potatos as well) will be going into the gardens as well.

I am sure you are all aware but in case some of you missed it there is a sister forum to this one that is called The Easy Garden

You can click on this link to get to it. I like it LINK <----Klick

Back
Top Bottom