Anyone else have missing gifts?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Camelot Farms, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Am I the only one who looks around after the presents are opened and thinks 'I was sure I had bought *****' and then you go hunting through all of your hiding spots and find it still in the bag from the store?

Todays forgets are 2 pair of jammies for DD, a whole box of presents that my gram sent a month ago and a poster that DS had bought DD.

UgH!

2. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    YESSSS!!!!!.. i do it all the time... i will buy gifts sporadically through the year for any occasion if i see a toy on clearance i will snatch it up because DS and DD are always coming home last minute with a birthday invite so hunting through my hiding spots i will go

3. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    When my mil passed away, we found packages of things she had bought and intended to give to people but had forgotten about. Apparently she was notorious for finding things after the fact. [​IMG]

4. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    HAHA!! When I do that I just don't buy birthday presents for the kids that year...lol. I have done it several times, and not even FIND it until te birthday, so there's one solution. Sometimes if it's a small gift I add something with it.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I know I have a missing gift. A pair of jeans I bought for Ken. Gone.

6. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    I got DD a box of new crayons as a stocking stuffer, stuffed them in the back of the closet and couldn't find them last night

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I lived most of my adult life in TX and Mom was here in SC- she always sent fabulous boxes in December- then in July or so, I'd get another box of all the stuff she'd forgotten!
    [​IMG] I LOVED those July boxes, even though the sweaters weren't so useful then.....................[​IMG]

8. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Yup, just found a birthday present for my neice I bought when she was 5. She's now 15

9. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Its nice to amongst my own kind.... [​IMG]

10. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Yup. Back in the fall I bought my mom some personalized stationary. Totally forgot about it. It wasn't until the nieces were opening their stationary from my mom that I remembered. I finally found where I had stashed it. Thankfully she thought it was really funny. And she like the stationary. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by