Anyone else in Mississippi?

I have some blue and black silkies, some frizzled, in my bator and a few BB Red OEGB eggs from my two OEGB's. May get one Salmon Faverolle to hatch too. Lost the rest early on. A total of 9 in there that are progressing. I sure hope they all hatch. I am so anxious. This is my first time hatchin eggs. First time with chickens too, just got the OEGB's. Nice to meet all you mississippi folks.

Marie

Have 6 grown and laying dominique hens , 1 grown roo (dominique also) , 10 dominique chicks (4 weeks old), 10 Black sex link chicks(4 weeks old) , and 15 RIR eggs due the 20th , and some dominique eggs due this week. My first hatch didnt produce any (thinking I had humidity problems) only one had developed fully and other two were not developed far. I have one due tomorrow and 4 due friday 13th. Hopeing for better results from the RIRs. Couldn't wait any longer for my bator to hatch em ,so went and bought the chicks to occupy my time ...lol.Good to be in a forum with other folks obsessed by their chicks. Have lots of family in B'ville. you been there long?

Thanks for the Welcome, I have 2 New Hampshire Reds, and 10 chicklets I got at the local feed store. I am not sure of the breed the cleark did not know. I think they are some type of Leghorn.

Redneckchick, bet you have a nice set up for all those chicks. I'm going to work on a new chicken house this weekend because pretty soon I have to try to get my four 8 week old pullets in with my 3 adult hens.

I'm originally from Oxford and moved to Kansas City, Missouri in 1991. Came back in 2001 and have lived in Batesville since. I have a sister here and my Mom and brother live in Oxford.

Lonewolf2421, have you put pictures on here of some of your 10 chicklets? I bet somebody could help you figure out the breed.

I saw all y'all from MS and I just wanted to jump in. I'm from MS and proud of it. Graduated in Social Work from USM Go Eagles!
hit.gif
but we live in Arkansas now. So hey all my MS friends!

Hello hipmarye , good to hear from a former Mississippian. Lonewolf , was raised not too far from Tupelo myself , New Albany outskirts to be exact . Good to have ya both onboard.

Back
Top Bottom