anyone else just LOVE roosters?

Love the Roo Kitchen-Do your countertops match Roo The Rockstar???Looks like It!!!Pretty Neat!!!!
thumbsup.gif

I too, love my roos. I tend to name them since they get their personalities faster than my hens. Of course, here's some pics:

55776_rudy.jpg

Rudy- belgian bearded d'uccle

55776_bayboy.jpg

Giorgio- serama

55776_blueredsport.jpg

Ranger-OEGB in blue red sport variety

Beautiful roos, vetgirl. I just love the little banty roos, but think I'll stick with the LF. My brahma Thor is a legend (in his own mind) and my baby turken roo is turning out to be a handsome fella.

I love roos too! Unfortunately some of my neighbors feel differently... had to get rid of my beautiful Blue Laced Red Wyandotte and it broke my heart! I am still trying to hang on to my little bantam gold laced Cochin 'cause I want to be able to hatch out their eggs next spring. I am in a residential neighborhood which is very noisy - dogs barking, children screaming, loud cars, music, you name it. But I guess my poor rooster was just TOO MUCH! But I'm not bitter - can you tell?!
wink.png
Anyway, if it was possible I would have multiple roosters, they are so beautiful! Hearing a rooster crow makes me nostalgic for old 'country' days. I think it is as wonderful as hearing a train whistle (which we also hear in our neighborhood)!

You all have such handsome boys! I did end up getting a Barred Rock rooster. he is about the same age as my hens, and so far, so good! my little golden laced seabright louie, has tried to start a couple tiffs with Dezi (BR) but he doesnt react badly to him at all. Im pretty impressed with the dynamics of the flock. I have 12 ladies for him, and 3 more in the tractor so they both should be well entertained when the hormones kick in. BTW, when will that be? when will he try to mate?

LOVE the rooster kitchen! your BR roo looks exactly like my Dezi. his BR hens are named Ethel and Lucy.
smile.png

Id love to get louie a seabright hen, and have little seabright chicks next spring. do seabrights often go broody or would I need to incubate her eggs? anyone know?
smile.png
thanks!

Quote:
From what I understand, Sebright chicks are tough to rear and the hens do not go broody. So you'd have to incubate 'em. I dunno what that "tough to rear" comment means, because I have four Sebrights, 2 randy little Silver roos - obnoxious stage! - and 1 silver and 1 gold pullet. I got 'em at a feed store and they've been no more difficult to "rear" than any other chicks of mine.

idunno.gif

Quote:
Your neighbors are EVIL!
rant.gif
My neighbors are too. They call my chickens stupid and play loud music late at night.
barnie.gif
When a rooster crows (even when they're awake which they usually are because they stay up all night) they scream!
roll.png

I do not like roosters. I don't! Didn't you hear me?

City says no roosters, only hens, therefore I do not, will not like roosters.

DO NOT TEMPT ME WITH YOUR PICTURES OF DARLING GENTS WITH COLORFUL FEATHERS OF PLENTY!!!!! Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

There's no telling what size of flock I would have on premesis had I lived in the countryside. I have no self control, LOL.
hu.gif

LOVE the rooster kitchen! your BR roo looks exactly like my Dezi. his BR hens are named Ethel and Lucy.
smile.png

Thanx I love my kitchen to, my hens (his groupies hehe)13 of them are a month younger , he is surely gonna have his hands full hehe, we have only named a few hens, i will name them all, they all have thier own personality, so we are taking our time, and i am having some hard time with some of them telling them apart hehe

PS love the I love lucy names.....

Back
Top Bottom