ANYONE ELSE KNOW ABOUT HONEY BEES

D-tiny-chicans

In the Brooder
Nov 28, 2018
For the past 4 years my Dad and I have tried to keep honey bees. Two of the years we got 5 gallons. Every year we get two packages of bees but in the winter they keep dying out. The queen stops laying or it dies or something. The population just goes down drastically in sept. oct. and nov. One of the hives this year had fully packed a brood box and two soupers. They were strong, but just died. This year we are getting two packages of bees but early in the spring.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

For the past 4 years my Dad and I have tried to keep honey bees. Two of the years we got 5 gallons. Every year we get two packages of bees but in the winter they keep dying out. The queen stops laying or it dies or something. The population just goes down drastically in sept. oct. and nov. One of the hives this year had fully packed a brood box and two soupers. They were strong, but just died. This year we are getting two packages of bees but early in the spring.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Are you spraying any pesticides in the fall?

Are you leaving enough honey for the bees to over winter?

There appear to be more beekeepers frequenting the sister site BackYardHerds. Check out their Bees & Beekeeping forums.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom