Anyone else want to be incubation buddies? Hatch due ~ May 13th/14th

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tryingtohaveitall, Apr 23, 2009.

1. tryingtohaveitall

tryingtohaveitall Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Ohio
    We are doing our first incubation with 10 Brahma eggs (thanks Geepster!) and a Hovabator. I put them in about 1am on the 21st. Other than an ugly power loss incident yesterday when the plug apparently was slightly out of the wall, all seems to be going well. We'd love to share this journey with someone. [​IMG]

2. Sammysmom

Sammysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    Hi! I just set 42 eggs in my Genesis 'bator. They are due on May 13th. I have my own Buff Orps, Red Sexlinks(New Hampshire Red roo over Delaware hens) and 6 of Missouri Chick's BBS Orp test hatch eggs. This is the largest amount of eggs I have tried at one time![​IMG] Here's hoping we both have a great hatch![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Ruditchka

Ruditchka Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Hi, I've got 30 eggs in the bator due about May 9th but I just candled a bunch(maybe 10-12) and it seems some have veining but about half looked clear still. 15 shipped and 15 local but I am using a bulb for heat and the ones nearest the bulb may have gotten too hot. I'll be happy if 10 hatch! If mine are late and yours are early, we can be hatching buddies! Good Luck!

4. Bantymama

Bantymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    I set 6 goose eggs that are due on May 13th. I have never tried to hatch geese so this is a new experience. I also have a variety of chicken eggs that are due on may 4th ( silkies EE and banties). Hoping you both have a great hatch.

5. chickenlove2009

chickenlove2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Woodlawn, Tn
    mine due 13th.

15 mixed babies

6. Deedee

Deedee Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Kilgore, TX
    I set 5 eggs 4 Banty RIR and one of my giant Leghorn X due May 8th, My first incubating anything.[​IMG] I am a neverous wreck. I haven't candled yet I am going to wait until the 10th day which is Saturday. I am a nervous wreck but very excited. [​IMG]

7. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    I have eggs due to hatch on the 10th, 4 are frizzled cochin/silkie mix and I have 18 that are mutt eggs from a neighbors egg that will go back there when hatch. I have 1 turkey due that day also if its fertile, I am having a hard time tell on it all the other 15 had nothing so it could be a blood ring that I am putting to much hope in.

8. RightFromtheStartDoula

RightFromtheStartDoula Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2009
    Wallkill
    We are due on May 4th..I know its not the same date as you guys but this is the closest hatch buddy group I can find...

Started with 12 and now have 10...2 not fertile...

Don't know what breeds they are, got them from local poultry farm..I have 2 light tan 7 brown and 1 blue...very excited to see what we get and will need help IDing the hatchlings..

We have been candling every night and have lots of veins and movement in 9 of the 10...1 can't seems to see to well but we will let it sit...

I will be taking pics tonite when we candle and posting them so I can confirm what I am seeing...

Good luck all...happy hatching!![​IMG]

9. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Well, I am setting 7 Salmon Faverolle bantam eggs tomorrow so will be due a day or two after that.[​IMG]

10. BeautifulBlue

BeautifulBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    UK
    Mine were due on the 7th May, but I'm down to one live chick (only started with 3!) hope this baby lives [​IMG]
    Good luck everyone [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by