Anyone else.......

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by chicknduck, Jan 31, 2011.

1. chicknduck

chicknduck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    Has any one else found new homes for their hens to make room for new ones. We said we would process them for the meat but I found a buyer for them and now they wont be dinner. I suppose I will have to do it at some point but they are good laying hens that some one else could get eggs from. Just wondering if I am the only one.

2. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    I had someone from BYC take my flock when it became too much for me to take care of them (I had just started a new job and I felt like I was neglecting them). She gave them a wonderful home. Now that things have gotten back into a more manageable groove I'll be hatching out some little fuzzies to restart my flock.

3. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    I started with 33 and have given away 21 only to make room for 25 chicks in the spring. I will be giving away the extra roos as these are straight run. 2 are already promised.

4. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Just sold 38 Salmon Faverolle to make room for 36 NICE Salmon Faverolles. [​IMG]

5. abChicken

abChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Gaston County N.C.
    had to get rid of all mine last fall due to illness [​IMG] not much u can do when u r alone [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by