Anyone else's duck change sex? Was a laying female 18 months now almost male

Imabebabeba, here's a picture of her. She's about 7 lbs and taller than the Mallards around here. She doesn't have the blue or any other color that the mallards get in their wings. I've been told she looks like a cinnamon teal, but I'm clueless.

She could be an appleyard or a Rouen cross since she is bigger than the mallards. They are heavier breeds. She is lovely though :)

Its true it does happen.i hv a male that has turned female.his quack is very loud and even lays eggs..hes a lil over a yr old.he changed when his mate died n the winter and i bought more baby ducks..i hv 7 now

Its true it does happen.i hv a male that has turned female.his quack is very loud and even lays eggs..hes a lil over a yr old.he changed when his mate died n the winter and i bought more baby ducks..i hv 7 now
So. . what do you suppose happened to his penis?
Not trying to being snarky. . just wondering, if that is actually possible, where does the penis go. . is it still there, did it fall off. .
And if a female duck morphs into a male. . I would be curious to know if it grew a penis :)
I would think that hormonal changes certainly could make a bird change its plumage. However it is hard for me to grasp that an actual physical change to the appendages and reproductive organs would happen. :idunno

So. . what do you suppose happened to his penis?
Not trying to being snarky. . just wondering, if that is actually possible, where does the penis go. . is it still there, did it fall off. .
And if a female duck morphs into a male. . I would be curious to know if it grew a penis :)
I would think that hormonal changes certainly could make a bird change its plumage. However it is hard for me to grasp that an actual physical change to the appendages and reproductive organs would happen. :idunno

If humans have a significant hormonal change, like in transitioning people, their actual reproductive parts will change. The extent can vary, but definitely happens.

That chemical dust cloud is legit terrifying and even though correlation doesn’t equal causation, I’d be very suspicious.

I have an appleyard duck that was a female 18 months then slowly began to change into a male. She used to lay and even went broody In the past. She was a beautiful appleyard pattern but when she was about 18 months old her new feathers came in and they were absolute male colors. Her head grew green feathers , her body turned mostly grey and was still beautiful but completely different . Her back tail feather just recently started to curl but her bill is still yellow and quacks very loud like a female. I'm waiting to see if she will lay eggs still or not. I haven't seen the males showing any interest in her in a long time . I also had a maran hen that went through a sex change around the same time . She was a good layer but when she went through the sex change hers was compleat. She crowed, feathers changed and became a dominate rooster for breeding. Infact she/he was a more aggressive breeder than my other roosters. I don't know if she actually fertilized eggs because I was not hatching eggs at the time. I gave her/him away but I only have 5 ducks so I will keep my little Bambi weather she's male or female. My question is has this happened to anyone else's animals with more than one animal around the same time. I am concerned that the chemicals that surrounded the farm I was living on affected the animals. I was surrounded by Monsanto and another GMO crop company. I am wondering if the chemicals that were spayed regularly could have affected my animals. They also tilled often which made terrible chemical fill dust that would fill the whole area for miles. I have moved away from there but still wonder what the cause was. I have read about birds changing sex but it sounds very rare which is why I a wondering if it was the chemicals not some ransoms act of nature. The crop grown in that area is GMO corn. Does anyone does have any info on this? Has this happened before?

That is a picture of her now.she is the one in front. I will try to find one from last year if I can
It's actually natural in the animal kingdom for animals to transition their gender and even be homosexual. It's actually very common too so the chemicals around had nothing to do with it because it was natural for your animals to change gender. It's just part of nature and nature is beautiful.

It's actually natural in the animal kingdom for animals to transition their gender and even be homosexual. It's actually very common too so the chemicals around had nothing to do with it because it was natural for your animals to change gender. It's just part of nature and nature is beautiful.
16a2a93006745c807a62de13af2f910f.gif

Back
Top Bottom