Anyone ever changed a thermostat in an LG?

Poulets De Cajun

Crowing
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
Houston MetroMess, Texas
Or is it cheaper to just buy a new incubator after the cost of the part, plus shipping and everything?

Unless it's significantly WAY WAY WAY cheaper than a new incubator. I'm going buy a Hovabator with one of those wafer things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Hovabator with the Wafer, and the thing I am always changing the temp in it. Apparently barometric pressure changes it? I am so frustrated tonight I am ready to buy the pro Brinsea. I just found the temp at 103.5 after being at 101 (still air).

I have the Hovabator with the wafer and have not had any problems with it as of today.....I have 32 eggs in it. I also use 3 thermometers and I turn the eggs twice a day. I could not use the egg cartons to incubate because when I tilted the bator slightly up on the side it would cool down and not hold the temperature so I went back to the original laying the eggs on the grid (on a thin towel).
Good luck with yours!

I think the thermostat for a LG is around $33, dont quote me on that though..You can buy a new 1602N hova bator still air for about $44 on ebay. About $50 from Cutlers supply I think..You can get the 2362 forced air for $78 from cutlers.

The difference between the Hovabator with wafer and the genesis 1588 is amazing. If you can afford it, get the 1588--you will sleep much better!
wink.png

I'm always having to tweak my wafer bator but the 1588 has kept constant since day 1.

I have a Hova 1583 with wafers. Haven't had to change or tweak the temp since I set it up over a year and a half ago. I hatch chicks all year long. I did buy extra wafers just incase, easier to fix than a digital.

I have a hovabator 1602n. The only thing I hate about it is that the temp doesnt stay stable. Early in the spring I have to cover up on of the windows with a small cloth, otherwise the heat escapes. Now though, the temp is staying perfect. I just use it for hatching. I tried incubating in it last year, and got horrible hatches.

I think the 1583 holds temps better than the 1602..They have the same "guts" but the 1583 does have a double paned window...I think that makes a difference..I may be wrong though
hmm.png
Everyone Ive personally talked too with a 1583 has said they hold temps very well..
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom