Anyone ever order from Logee's?

Chickerdoodle13

The truth is out there...
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I happened to find one of these catalogues in the green house at school. They specialize in exotic flowers. I took down the name of the green house and just looked them up. They certainly have an interesting array of plants! Now I think I'm hooked! I ordered a magazine from them and cannot wait to get it. Has anyone else ever ordered or heard of this place?

http://www.logees.com/default.asp

Chickerdoodle, I've been to the Logee's greenhouse operation in Danielson, CT. It was fabulous!!! They've been there forever, and have made a big name for themselves in greenhouse exotics. Begonias are major, but their passionflowers are great too.

The writer, Tovah Martin, was associated with them, and she's an expert on greenhouse plants.

I don't think you can go wrong with ordering from them.

Edited for spelling.

Last edited:
I ordered from them a bunch of times in the late eighties and early nineties (mostly when I was in grad school), have no more-recent experience than that, though.

They have things that, at least back then, you just could NOT get anywhere else. The plants I ordered (mostly tropical foliage plants like obscure spp of Calathea, or whatever the genus is called nowadays, and funky little begonias) came as small specimens, and I do mean small, but in excellent shape and grew very well.

My parents also drove there (from Philly) several times in the '90s on shopping expeditions <g> and my general recollection was that they had a BALL wanderig thru the greenhouses and were extremely happy with all their plants.

I will say that I looked at Logee's online catalog a few months ago and their inventory/emphasis seems somewhat different than it was, uh, twenty years ago <surprise surprise>, but I offer my outdated experiences for whatever theyr'e worth
smile.png

Pat

Back
Top Bottom