Anyone ever used a Little Giant?

Quote:
Apparently I was confused, and I didn't realize that LG stood for little giant. I though LG was like the brand like washers, and cell phones.
roll.png
I am pretty sure we are going with the hovabator 1588.

Quote:
Apparently I was confused, and I didn't realize that LG stood for little giant. I though LG was like the brand like washers, and cell phones.
roll.png

You won't be sorry.
smile.png

Quote:
roll.png

Ahh yes
smile.png
Cool! one of the things that is real helpful for me to keep humidity high is to buy a brand new bag of sponges, I put those in it when I need to up the himidity, they help a lot.

Whatcha gonna hatch??
jumpy.gif

I am Hatching with one now!!! 3 pips!! whoo hoo, the temp control is a little touchy but once set its stable! as for humidity i fill up the bottom trays and a sponge and its good to go!! i have hatched around 80 chicks out of it in 4 hatches not full of course but i highly recommend the egg turner!!!!

Quote:
roll.png

Ahh yes
smile.png
Cool! one of the things that is real helpful for me to keep humidity high is to buy a brand new bag of sponges, I put those in it when I need to up the himidity, they help a lot.

Whatcha gonna hatch??
jumpy.gif

TURKEYS!!!! WOOT! And chicks too, but we don't have the roos we need for pure breds. I figure the mixes will sell for a buck or two though.

My wife and I bought the Little Giant w/egg turner and fan a couple of months ago and just hatched our first batch of eggs without any undue problems. We have hatched 9 out of 12 eggs in the past day and a half and are waiting on the other three to show up. I think it important to use the equipment in a room where the temp is fairly consistant and you won't have such a hard time regulating the temp in the incubator. We're first timers with this and it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Good luck with your hatching

Quote:
smack.gif
Yourself. I am looking for opinions on the little giant, not a used one with busted parts.
roll.png
But thanks anyways, pill!

Ok, maybe you are too busy typing to read so let me rephrase:

The link I provided lists almost everything I know about the Little Giant, which is a lot considering how many birds I hatched in mine and that I owned 3 complete sets.

The reference to Gretchen means she has a fully functional fan kit and a fully functional turner that I am offering to GIVE YOU. The only thing busted it the bator itself which is what you will buy at the feed store for $42. The fan kit is a $30 option and the turner is $40. Jeesh.

Now the tired old LG vs Hova debate is just that, tired and old, sorta like me.

Now, either the Genesis or LG with fans and turners are going to cost you at least $130 why not just buy the Brinsea Eco20 or MiniDeluxe for a couple dollars more????

Last edited:
Quote:
smack.gif
Yourself. I am looking for opinions on the little giant, not a used one with busted parts.
roll.png
But thanks anyways, pill!

The link I provided lists almost everything I know about the Little Giant, which is a lot considering how many birds I hatched in mine and that I owned 3 complete sets.

The reference to Gretchen means she has a fully functional fan kit and a fully functional turner that I am offering to GIVE YOU. The only thing busted it the bator itself which is what you will buy at the feed store for $42. The fan kit is a $30 option and the turner is $40. Jeesh.

Now, either the Genesis or LG with fans and turners are going to cost you at least $130 why not just buy the Brinsea Eco20 or MiniDeluxe for a couple dollars more????

It's the quantity thing - Brinsea model we can afford holds 24 chicken eggs. And thanks for the clarification. I give you a hard time because I like you!

Quote:

It's the quantity thing - Brinsea model we can afford holds 24 chicken eggs. And thanks for the clarification. I give you a hard time because I like you!

The difference in quality, control, construction, and cleanup between the styro bators(LG & Hova) and the plastics(Brinseas) is night and day. I have owned all three brands so I can say this. I liked all three brands too.

Do you REALLY want to hatch more than 24 eggs at a time? I've hatched over 100 at a time in multiple bators and it was stupid. None of the birds got any good attention so they were all unfriendly. If you are going to sell chicks well that's a different story.

I really think for you the MiniDeluxe 7egg would be great. You would have small hatches and raise super friendly birds. If you want more than go with the Eco20.

Finally, why not just try out the LG for $42 and use my fan and turner. This way when you decide to upgrade (and you will) you haven't invested much.

I read the results "online" of an independent test done on the fluctuations of the temperature on a Little Giant (9200) with and without fan versus a Hovabator, without fan, and looked at the GRAPHS presented.

The Little Giant (electronic thermostat) was FAR MORE stable and had less deviation from 100F than did the Hovabator with wafer-type thermostat.
idunno.gif

I'm presently "setting-up" a Little Giant 10200 with egg-turner. I think it will work well once I get it "stabilized".

The suggestion to put a "knob" on the temp adjestment stem is a very good suggestion, I think.

just my unverified opinions,
-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom