Anyone Every Ordered From Meyer Hatchery???

I'm not too impressed. I hate to be a downer, but I'm not very happy with my experience. We ordered 8, through the phone to a live body, and I was very clear about what I wanted. Well, we did recieved the chicks a day early, but there were only 7. They forgot my EE.
he.gif

My chicks are not good quality, even for hatchery birds. I recieved better quality at McMurray. And I think 1 one my sexed pullets in a cockerel. I know it's not really their fault and these are the risks I chose to take, but I don't know if I'll be ordering from them again regardless.

My chicks came all in decent condition. I have a few with partially feathered feet when they are non-feather-legged breeds. Some of my chicks have mis-shapen beaks.

My chicks are all that are listed underneath my signature, reading 'Chicks'. I love them all the same, but it's really very sad. Meyer is one of the only hatcheries with a small order policy.

I ordered 28 chicks this spring from them and the ckicks I received were in excellent health. I didn't loose a single one. They were very willing to work with me when I had to change my order. There was a slight issue with 2 chicks being roosters instead of hens but that is still with in the 90% accuaracy guarentee. I ordered 15different breeds and they gave me the right amount of everything. I would order from them again.

Quote:
I got an insane brown leghorn from them also, and it ran off as a chick.

lau.gif

But after 3 hours we caught it deep in a rotten wood pile. *sigh* My DH was not happy that I refused to let us give up.

Now both of my brown leghorns from Meyer are beautiful girls. They do love to fly and believe they don't belong in the chicken pen with the rest of the flock.
roll.png

Meyer was offering a special on a brown egg layer variety at $1.38 each with free shipping so I ordered them. I received 26 chicks in early July and they all growing like weeds and happy and healthy. I got 5 different varieties I think. I am really happy with them. I am getting 25 Buckeye pullets from them this month so I will let you know how that goes!

Meyers will ship as few as 3 chicks. All the chickens I have gotten from Meyers have been beautiufl. I get compliments all the time. When I post their pictures on here people ask me where I bought them and how pretty they are. Here is some of the eggs that i have gotten from my girls...my EE's from Meyers started laying at 17 weeks old.
23509_dsc03128.jpg

not very pleased myself. ordered 25 black OE chicks :
kept changing the ship date which isnt too bad but....
out of all those chick sI ordered, 3 are living and they are on their way out! Its passed the date to where they will replace(2 weeks), so when I called to complain do you think they would care, NOPE, so just thought I should pass it on.

Back
Top Bottom