Anyone familiar with Golden Laced Wyondottes and their typical behaviors?

Truefire

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 27, 2013
North Carolina
Wondering if any of you that have small flocks and spend lots of time around, with and near your birds that own Golden Laced Wyondottes can advise on some of their typical behaviors? Understanding the smaller flocks that are awarded a closer working relationship with their owners display entirely different behaviors than larger flocks do.

That having been said, do all Golden Laced Wyondottes seem to be overly evasive and attempt to avoid being handled or approached by you, the owner? I only have one Golden Laced and have never owned one before so I have no 'control group' to compare her against. She is really artful at hiding out and evading, not sure if this is the breed or if I just so happen to pick a 'wild' card out of the bitty box. lol

Anyone familiar with Golden Laced Wyondottes? This particular bird just seems to have some wild genetics, even looking in her eyes there appears to be that element therein. Hard for me to explain but she has the wild look as if she is scared to death of being around a human. Much like wild game do when in the proximity of people, those that have ever had the opportunity to be around much wild game, bobwhite quail, rabbits, etc;

Whereas all my other girls, actually have their own little personalities, curiosities, funny mannerisms, and such. But this bird seems, well.."kind of like your Green Beret...'lying low'...and remaining out of sight, out of mind.

My other birds are in no way, like this....Barred Plymouth Rocks, Buff Orpingtons

Thanks, Chris

I had two goldens - now just one (hawk attack.) She doesn't act like yours - she's as sociable and friendly as the others (not the most friendly, but doesn't seem wild or especially evasive.) I'm very fond of her - she's beautiful!

Thanks, appreciate the feedback. I guess I just happened to get one that 'is different', oh well. Thanks for the link. Gonna check it out.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom