Anyone familiar with Mareks disease

Pupil looks cloudy.The green/gray discoloration generally happens to the iris, the colored part of the eye. The pupils in my birds generally constricted and became irregular shaped. Here is a side by side comparison. The eye on the right is normal, left is OMD.

mdeyes-jp.jpeg

The good news is that I'm suspecting you have something else going on with your hen. The bad news is, I don't know what.

The only way you may know for sure is to either cull the bird or if it dies naturally, send it in for a necropsy. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Pupil looks cloudy.The green/gray discoloration generally happens to the iris, the colored part of the eye. The pupils in my birds generally constricted and became irregular shaped. Here is a side by side comparison. The eye on the right is normal, left is OMD.

mdeyes-jp.jpeg

The good news is that I'm suspecting you have something else going on with your hen. The bad news is, I don't know what.

The only way you may know for sure is to either cull the bird or if it dies naturally, send it in for a necropsy. Sorry I can't be of more help.
I just found some times she walks in circles repeatedly

I just found some times she walks in circles repeatedly
That sounds like a neurological symptom, sometimes seen with wry neck, and wry neck can be a sign of Mareks disease, but it isn’t the only cause. Wry neck symptoms may also occur with a head injury, vitamin deficiency, and some other diseases.

Back
Top Bottom