Anyone free range broiler chickens ?

Pasture will benefit with chickens on it no matter what. It would benefit if it was a patch of dirt, no joke! Pastured poultry is often the first step for small, diversified farms in order to bring their soil nutrients back to a level where they can grow other crops or animals that need most of their nutrients directly from the soil like corn and cattle.

If the pasture is already healthy and seeded in a mix of plants that has the right nutrient breakdown, then you may have to feed the chickens less, ultimately making them cheaper to raise. And in my experience, the broilers are less touchy and fragile on healthy pasture, so it's a bit easier on you as the health of your pasture increases year-to-year.

But totally worth it to get chickens on an unproductive plot.
With the price of feed rising like crazy. I want to bring the feed cost down and instead of raising dual purpose which I found hard yet on my mind to harvest them. And I would like better tasting birds lol same thing with eggs. We get our eggs from next door neighbor but his chickens are all in the barn. They just dont taste the same as when we used to have our free range ones

Back
Top Bottom