Anyone from da U.P.?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by BluMottie, Jan 3, 2009.

1. BluMottie

BluMottie Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2009
    ...Rock. Seriously.
    Hallooo? Any udder Yoopers out dere?

For anyone who has absolutely no clue what the heck the U.P. is, it's the Upper Penninsula of Michigan. Virtually unheard of, for the most part, apart from sasquatch catchers and ambitious deer hunters.

Oh, yes, our accent is similar to Canadian accents, so we tend to get mixed up a bit.

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Hello to da Yoopers from a friendly Troll. [​IMG] (You guessed it, non-Michiganders... Trolls live under the Mackinac Bridge). I love the UP (it is so scenic, wild and beautiful) but my DH would never want to move there -- he really dislikes snow, and you guys get way more than we do here in West Michigan, even with all the lake-effect.

3. BluMottie

BluMottie Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2009
    ...Rock. Seriously.
    Ahhh, a fellow Michigander! Yea, it's scenic alright, and kinda desolate too.

Oh, and the snow isn't too bad this year, we only have about 16 inches right now.

4. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    There's a Michigan thread here and you'll find lots of yoopers. [​IMG]

5. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

I spent 22 years farming in the U.P. But I'm not from there.

We owned 1640 acres in Garden (Delta County) raised kidney beans, barley, corn, beef cattle and hogs. (Nope, not a chicken on the farm)

I'm originally from where I live now, but still go up to visit family and friends....they tell me I need to keep visiting so as to keep my Yooper card current.

Just spent New Years eve in Escanaba at the Hereford and Hops micro brewery/steakhouse.

6. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    I used to vacation in Copper Harbor. I love it there. Wouldn't want to live there in the winter though!

7. cristy17

cristy17 Chillin' With My Peeps

I knew IT!!I saw your thread somewhere else and asked if you were from Rock, MI. I'm down in Menominee. It's good to have another Yooper here. Welcome to BYC!! I saw your girls and they're beatiful. I only have a barnyard mix, but I love every one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by