Anyone from da U.P.?

BluMottie

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 3, 2009
...Rock. Seriously.
Hallooo? Any udder Yoopers out dere?

For anyone who has absolutely no clue what the heck the U.P. is, it's the Upper Penninsula of Michigan. Virtually unheard of, for the most part, apart from sasquatch catchers and ambitious deer hunters.

Oh, yes, our accent is similar to Canadian accents, so we tend to get mixed up a bit.

Hello to da Yoopers from a friendly Troll.
smile.png
(You guessed it, non-Michiganders... Trolls live under the Mackinac Bridge). I love the UP (it is so scenic, wild and beautiful) but my DH would never want to move there -- he really dislikes snow, and you guys get way more than we do here in West Michigan, even with all the lake-effect.

Ahhh, a fellow Michigander! Yea, it's scenic alright, and kinda desolate too.

Oh, and the snow isn't too bad this year, we only have about 16 inches right now.

I spent 22 years farming in the U.P. But I'm not from there.

We owned 1640 acres in Garden (Delta County) raised kidney beans, barley, corn, beef cattle and hogs. (Nope, not a chicken on the farm)

I'm originally from where I live now, but still go up to visit family and friends....they tell me I need to keep visiting so as to keep my Yooper card current.

Just spent New Years eve in Escanaba at the Hereford and Hops micro brewery/steakhouse.

I knew IT!!I saw your thread somewhere else and asked if you were from Rock, MI. I'm down in Menominee. It's good to have another Yooper here. Welcome to BYC!! I saw your girls and they're beatiful. I only have a barnyard mix, but I love every one.

Back
Top Bottom