Anyone from S.E. NH or VT?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by kengia2, Oct 17, 2007.

1. kengia2

kengia2 New Egg

Sep 19, 2007
    Newfane, Vermont
    Hi! My husband and I live in Newfane, VT...15 miles north of Brattleboro, VT (which is relatively close to Hinsdale, NH and Keene, NH).
    It seems as if everyone I meet (in person) has their own chickens...we love fresh eggs so are receiving (from McMurrays) 25 babies next week!
    I'd love to "meet" more chicken parents!

2. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

There's a few NH'ites on here and I think VT is represented too...Check the Boston post up above of this one.
    Welcome.

3. Chickens-n-Vermont

Chickens-n-Vermont Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2008
    Poultney Vermont
    I'm just getting around to explore this site more, so I just found this thread. I am in Poultney, VT. My 10 year old wanted chicken, so we got them last spring. We started out with 5, moved up to 11, then just purchased 9 black sex-links. I think 20 is our max, but you never know!![​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  4. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Hi Kengia, I'm in Greenfield ma.........not too far from you. Thats pretty exciting to be waiting for a big order like that. What kind of chickens are you going to be getting? Welcome to BYC [​IMG]

5. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Welcome Kengia nd yes I have seen a few Vermonter's on here. Chickens are very addicitng so be prepared as we are all addicts here. Will you be keeping your chicks inside? This is way to cold to have them outside with even a heat lamp. I do not add any chicks until spring.Single digit's outside right now! Again welcome!

6. Theda's Mom

Theda's Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Moscow TN
    Welcome from another newbie! I'm in New Ipswich NH - a dot on the road heading east on 124 from Keene.

I've got five lovely, and loving hens, 10 idiot guineas, two dogs, four cats, and three horses. Yikes. Thank goodness for The Girls. There's nothing like one of their cuddles to start a morning right, and to right the wrongs of a long day.

Susan

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome! I'm just west of Nashua NH...about an hour from Keene....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by