Anyone from S.E. NH or VT?

kengia2

Hatching
12 Years
Sep 19, 2007
Newfane, Vermont
Hi! My husband and I live in Newfane, VT...15 miles north of Brattleboro, VT (which is relatively close to Hinsdale, NH and Keene, NH).
It seems as if everyone I meet (in person) has their own chickens...we love fresh eggs so are receiving (from McMurrays) 25 babies next week!
I'd love to "meet" more chicken parents!

I'm just getting around to explore this site more, so I just found this thread. I am in Poultney, VT. My 10 year old wanted chicken, so we got them last spring. We started out with 5, moved up to 11, then just purchased 9 black sex-links. I think 20 is our max, but you never know!!
smile.png

Last edited:
Hi Kengia, I'm in Greenfield ma.........not too far from you. Thats pretty exciting to be waiting for a big order like that. What kind of chickens are you going to be getting? Welcome to BYC
smile.png

Welcome Kengia nd yes I have seen a few Vermonter's on here. Chickens are very addicitng so be prepared as we are all addicts here. Will you be keeping your chicks inside? This is way to cold to have them outside with even a heat lamp. I do not add any chicks until spring.Single digit's outside right now! Again welcome!

Welcome from another newbie! I'm in New Ipswich NH - a dot on the road heading east on 124 from Keene.

I've got five lovely, and loving hens, 10 idiot guineas, two dogs, four cats, and three horses. Yikes. Thank goodness for The Girls. There's nothing like one of their cuddles to start a morning right, and to right the wrongs of a long day.

Susan

Back
Top Bottom