1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone getting chicks from feed stores?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Chickenrandomness, Jan 18, 2010.

1. anyone that can post pics? i'm getting some late april (RIRs and a bantam assortment)

2. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    Not me. I'm hatching all my own this year.[​IMG]

3. Cornychick

Cornychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Sebastian County, AR
    That's how I got started on this crazy train last spring. Now I have three coops, chicks in the mail, eggs in the bator and chicks in the poker room!

4. marytoast

marytoast Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Carthage, NC
    I am! I can't wait to get me some little fuzzies! [​IMG]

5. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I don't know yet if I will get any from the feed store ... I have some thta i have ordered... when I get any from the feed stores its usually not planned...I am a sucker for cute fuzz buts

6. jaboo81

jaboo81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2009
    New Braunfels TX
    I have order some that i will pick up in march. But if i see somthing i want at the feed store i will get it. 2 years ago we had no coop and 6 chicks now we have 2 coops and 23 chickens. Have fun!

7. 3cutechicks

3cutechicks Out Of The Brooder

Feb 11, 2009
    Newbury Park, CA
    I got two on Friday spur of the moment. Wanted a silkie or polish but they don't have them til spring. So I got a rode island red and another americauna. They had a rough first night but are great now. I am a sucker for fluffy butts too! I have a rabbit hutch with four already and now two in my office in a bin. Need a new coop!

8. nolable88

nolable88 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2009
    I just ordered some through my feed store(Orloff, Partridge Rock, Ameraucana, and a Wyandotte)They are also due in April so ill post pics then... It will be my first time and i feel very confident with this site at my finger tips!!

9. GraceAK

GraceAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Eagle River, AK
    I am going to go by the store and see the chicks and probably end up buying some. I'm not even going to try to kid myself.

[​IMG]

10. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Well since my husband doesnt want me to order any, I guess I have to get mine from a feed store

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by