Anyone getting chicks from feed stores?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Chickenrandomness, Jan 18, 2010.

1. anyone that can post pics? i'm getting some late april (RIRs and a bantam assortment)

2. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    Not me. I'm hatching all my own this year.[​IMG]

3. Cornychick

Cornychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Sebastian County, AR
    That's how I got started on this crazy train last spring. Now I have three coops, chicks in the mail, eggs in the bator and chicks in the poker room!

4. marytoast

marytoast Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Carthage, NC
    I am! I can't wait to get me some little fuzzies! [​IMG]

5. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I don't know yet if I will get any from the feed store ... I have some thta i have ordered... when I get any from the feed stores its usually not planned...I am a sucker for cute fuzz buts

6. jaboo81

jaboo81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2009
    New Braunfels TX
    I have order some that i will pick up in march. But if i see somthing i want at the feed store i will get it. 2 years ago we had no coop and 6 chicks now we have 2 coops and 23 chickens. Have fun!

7. 3cutechicks

3cutechicks Out Of The Brooder

Feb 11, 2009
    Newbury Park, CA
    I got two on Friday spur of the moment. Wanted a silkie or polish but they don't have them til spring. So I got a rode island red and another americauna. They had a rough first night but are great now. I am a sucker for fluffy butts too! I have a rabbit hutch with four already and now two in my office in a bin. Need a new coop!

8. nolable88

nolable88 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2009
    I just ordered some through my feed store(Orloff, Partridge Rock, Ameraucana, and a Wyandotte)They are also due in April so ill post pics then... It will be my first time and i feel very confident with this site at my finger tips!!

9. GraceAK

GraceAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Eagle River, AK
    I am going to go by the store and see the chicks and probably end up buying some. I'm not even going to try to kid myself.

[​IMG]

10. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Well since my husband doesnt want me to order any, I guess I have to get mine from a feed store

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by