Anyone going to have eggs hatch in novemeber?

Sweetlilbaby

Songster
7 Years
Apr 19, 2012
Tacoma Washington
My eggs have been shipped today. I will get them in a few days. Either saturday or monday is my best estimate.
I cannot wait. I'm so excited. My incubation will start as soon as they arrive and reach room temp. :D

i have 3 lots all due in nov , hatch should be today / yesterday silkies , 6 cuckoo silkies and pekin due 14th nov , and 12 mixed coloured silkies and 5 frizzle silkies due 21st and i cant wait . good luck everyone
thumbsup.gif

i have 3 lots all due in nov , hatch should be today / yesterday silkies , 6 cuckoo silkies and pekin due 14th nov , and 12 mixed coloured silkies and 5 frizzle silkies due 21st and i cant wait . good luck everyone
thumbsup.gif

not a clue why its done my message twice ??? sorry
wink.png

Last edited:
PLEASE. you may want to rest those eggs for better results. I"m no expert but you may want to search for detached air cell. Shipping can be rough on eggs and a 12 hour rest will make it more successful is my understanding.

On a side note. I have chicks supposed to start hatching Monday (well see they did get chilled but I think they'll be ok). And more through the month as I staggered my set including setting some under a broody tonight if she is still broody when I get home. :) Can't resist letting her do all the work.

PLEASE. you may want to rest those eggs for better results. I"m no expert but you may want to search for detached air cell. Shipping can be rough on eggs and a 12 hour rest will make it more successful is my understanding.

On a side note. I have chicks supposed to start hatching Monday (well see they did get chilled but I think they'll be ok). And more through the month as I staggered my set including setting some under a broody tonight if she is still broody when I get home. :) Can't resist letting her do all the work.

I've done shipped eggs before. I put them right into the incubator in their carton and do not turn them for the first 3 days. That is what has worked best for me with shipped eggs. Because they are already almost a week old by the time I get them, and they need to rest (as in not changing position) that doesn't mean they cannot be in the incubator. Keeps them from getting to old before they get put in the incubator. :)

If your chicks got chilled then the amount of time they weren't up to the right temp should be added on extra for how long til they hatch.

I've done shipped eggs before. I put them right into the incubator in their carton and do not turn them for the first 3 days. That is what has worked best for me with shipped eggs. Because they are already almost a week old by the time I get them, and they need to rest (as in not changing position) that doesn't mean they cannot be in the incubator. Keeps them from getting to old before they get put in the incubator. :)

If your chicks got chilled then the amount of time they weren't up to the right temp should be added on extra for how long til they hatch.

My shipped eggs are in their cartons; I've been tipping the individual eggs sideways and raising up one of the carton for 'turning' in case there were detached egg cells; couldn't really tell. Wondering do you at some point take them out and lay them down on the wire and turn them normal?

I had such fun with my batch that I just ordered some silkie eggs, so they'll be hatching end of November or early December. My mom mentioned that she wants a silkie hen, so I thought they'd make a good Christmas present.

hey everyone! can i join in the fun?
i just received 40 call duck eggs in the mail. their 1st day is November 1st..... hatch day is 26th of November..... i've hatched some about a month ago. i've also hatched chickens, quail, pheasants, and tried turkeys and geese (with no luck). good luck everyone on the hatches.

don

My shipped eggs are in their cartons; I've been tipping the individual eggs sideways and raising up one of the carton for 'turning' in case there were detached egg cells; couldn't really tell. Wondering do you at some point take them out and lay them down on the wire and turn them normal?

Until i get an egg turner (which should be by monday) I leave them in the carton for turning as well. I put a hand towel folded under it (length wise) and tip it switching which way it tips each time. that way I can turn 12-18 eggs all at one time. Then day 18 i take them out of the carton candle them and lay them on their sides.

Back
Top Bottom