Anyone had this strange thing happen before?

cthrash1

Songster
11 Years
Apr 15, 2008
Somerset, KY
I have been setting eggs in the bator almost weekly for the last month...Some mine and some shipped. My eggs have all been developing and I have had at least 20-30 % of the shipped from each mailing to develop(don't have much luck on shipped it seems) and 90 - 100 % of mine to develop. Some died part of the way but they did start to develop.
Well, I set one of my eggs on the 21st, 4 of mine and 6 shipped on the 22nd, and the next batch was set on the 26th and so on.
Okay the wierd thing is that the egg on the 21st is very lively and NONE of the ones on the 22nd are developing mine or shipped then at least some of the ones on the 26th(again part mine part shipped) are developing. Was there like some kind of omen about setting eggs on the 22nd? Like wrong day of the month or something? I just thought it wierd and wondered if anyone ever had this happen to them?

Cindy

That is odd !!!! Was it REAL cold that week or anything ?? maybe the eggs got to cold !!?? Maybe the roos was taking a vaca !!?? Or the girls wern't "giving it up" Let us know if you figure it out.

Quote:
I set 13 eggs in my bator on the 20th, and only 2 are deffinitely developing. I don't know what the deal was with that week!

Ok I lied
big_smile.png

I set 11 eggs on the 20th, 4 had development, with 2 quitters and 2 that look like they are still developing.
I also set 14 eggs on the 29th, from 2 hens that don't lay every day, so the oldest ones would be over a week old, probably 8 or 9 days, and all 14 of those eggs are developing. I guess that week was just jinxed for some reason!
big_smile.png

Plus I have 3 eggs that are due today, that were still alive when they went to the hatcher, but it doesn't look good.
These are all from my own hens though, I have only gotten quail eggs shipped so far. I have some in there now, but I have vowed not to touch them till hatch time!

Back
Top Bottom