Anyone hatching on Christmas??

Hi Shelly!! I didn't even see this and I opened a new topic!! I am hatching on Christmas as well!! I am going to report myself now!!! OOPS!!! LOL!!!!

Oh!! No problem! What are you hatching?
big_smile.png

Quote:
I am hatching EE's, and a couple Silver Sebrights, and a few surprise eggs!! MY boys are soo excited, they begged me to buy the EE eggs when they overheard me telling DH about them. Then I had to plug my bator back in. I swore I wasn't doing any more hatching until Spring!!LOL!!!

Evidently this winter is my 'other' hatching time! I have goose and duck eggs in the bator, I have 19 2-week-old button quail, 25 jumbo coturnix quail eggs that should be here tomorrow, 12 black cayuga duck eggs on the way, and more pekin eggs and maybe goose eggs, though I'm not sure how many!! I haven't had any luck whatsoever with chickens since it got cold, so I am waiting till spring to hatch more chickens! I guess I just couldn't wait!
lau.gif

I am getting ameraucana eggs from pasofinofarms this spring, cause me 4 year old son wants a chicken 'dats got bwue eggs!'

Last edited:
Right, seriously...I have 17~ 4 wk old chickies, 4~2 wk old silkies and 1 3 wk old frizzle and one lonely 4 week old button quail. Plus my 45 chickens in the coop!! LOL!! It wasn't supposed to be like this!! But I am now officially addicted!!! Sooo...did you candle yet? I candled just a couple of my shipped eggs, just to see, and they look good.
big_smile.png

Oh, I have been candling just about everyday lately. I have to let them cool for 15 minutes a day, so since the bator is open anyway, what the heck, right?
big_smile.png

I have 3 pekins growing for sure and one goose egg that looks promising. One pekin egg had a blood ring, but it is staying just in case I'm wrong, and the other looks clear. Two of the goose eggs looked like they had blood rings, but they are staying as well. The other looks clear, but it's hard to tell with goose eggs, and this is my first time with either, so they stay till they stink!

I wish I had some baby silkies, my son loves those! He has 7 older ones, but they aren't very lovable. If he can catch them, they let him hold them, but it's a bit tricky to catch them!

I have a few girls and boys like that. I hold these babies at least 3 times a day, I want them to be extra friendly!! They are sooo cute!! Thats cool your eggs are doing good. Dh wants ducks and turkeys soo bad. I have a friend that says he'll give us some eggs in the Spring if we want!!

That's cool! I am supposed to go and get some young blue slate turkeys sometime this month or next. I am getting these eggs cause my ducks are freeloaders atm. I have 4 ducks and 6 drakes, haven't gotten one egg yet!!
I really should handle my chickens more. The older ones will eat out of my hand if I have something good, but the babies act like I'm a monster!

hey,
thought i'd give a shout. i've got 20 brabanter & 16 buff bramas that should be hatching between christmas eve & christmas day.this is my 2nd attemt at this incubation thing , i hope i got my game together alittle better this time. my hygrometer has been holding at 32% to 37% by adding 2oz. of water every other day and temp at 99.3 to 99.8 i hope this does the trick. the first time i did'nt have a hygrometer or a auto turnner , but i do now! if it wer'nt for some of you fine people here i'd still be cussing and wondering.

thank's to all !!!

Back
Top Bottom