anyone hatching on or around the 28th?

Teresaann24

Songster
11 Years
Jul 29, 2008
Eastern, Kentucky
I set some of my silkies eggs tonight. 1 from each of my girls...3 total I collected in the past 2 days. I will be getting duck eggs soon that will hatch later on. My silkie eggs are due on the 28th So post here so we can share whats going on while we wait and pull our hair out..LOL...

My first candling day will be the 14th. I can't wait!!

Hi, My next two hatches are on the tenth and the twenty third.
big_smile.png

Good luck to all.

My first real hatch too chickenfeet. I have had broodies hatch eggs but this is my first Incubator and my first real hatch. So I am a newbie to this too. Good luck everyone. Post your candling updates when you candle.

Hi,
I just put my 13 eggs into my LG still air incubator, now due on the 27th. This is our very first try hatching anything. I got the eggs from a local lady who has RIR and Barred Rock and a couple of white chickens (not sure what breed).

My daughter is SOO eggcited and is counting the days on the calendar.

So far it's been going well keeping the Little Giant stable - around 100 to 101 and about 35% humidity. I am trying the dry incubation method after reading the artice by Bill Worrell. I am keeping my nervous fingers crossed. I double-checked my digital thermometer yesterday with another one and they were only 0.2 degrees difference. So I am hoping what I see temperature and humidity wise is correct. What are the chances of 2 thermometers being off by almost the same amount? (Hopefully small)
roll.png

I can't wait to see what they look like when candle them for the first time!
-----------------------------
Update 3/17 (day 11) : I have been candling my eggs since the 7th day. It's been rather frustrating - didn't see much more than the air pocket and a big dark middle section and clear below. I have one almost white egg and the rest are brown (some lighter some darker). Last night I candled the white one again and I actually saw veins and something inside moved. I candled my second lightest egg and saw some slight veining and a small dark spot. So I am hopefull now - after day 7 I thougth that this was not going anywhere. I use a 1 bulb LED flashlight - I had tried a slide projector from a friend, but I saw even less than with my little LED flashlight. I will try to take a picture tonight. My first picture attemps did not turn out well.
------------------------------
Update 3/20 (day 14): Candled again and finally I can see something (veins and chick moving) in most of the dark eggs as well. All but 2 of the 13 have a chick moving from what I can tell. So I am very hopeful for my first batch!

Last edited:
I just put in a bunch (20) of New Hampshire Red Bantams, and a few other typed (Colombian Rock Bantams, Hopefully 3 silkies, and a few frizzles). We will see what we get!

Back
Top Bottom