Anyone Have A Doxiepoo?

No no no need to be sorry.You just would like to see pics very understandable. You even got me currious to what they looked like
smile.png

Everybody will have their own oppinion on different issues and thats fine.It would be dull if we all liked all the same things anyway .

Sry to hear about your Doxiepoo , it is so hard when that happens .

Glad to hear that the breed is smart and dont have the housebreaking issue . We have 2 Dachshunds and they were very hard to housebreak i tell you.

When you get your puppy i would love to see a pic
lol.png

Make sure of the breeder dogs. It's possible that the poodle may have a long back and shorter legs as a result of her previous owner/breeder.

Good luck to you and your new addition.

I dont have a doxiepoo but I do have three wonderful doxies. I wouldnt trade them for the world. I have seen a doxiepoo and they are adorable. Congrats on getting a pup, please show us pictures in the spring when you get your new arrival.

I don't think they would necessarily be non-shedding, they may take after the Dachshund side. I'm not sure why anyone would want a non-shedding dog that small though. Hair doesn't cause allergies, dander does. I figure if someone can't put up with a little hair, dog owning probably isn't for them
tongue.png

once you've had non-shedding dogs, you never want to go back to shedders.

There are a lot of pet quality poodles with dwarfism, or short legs. AKC I believe defines toy as under ten inches and under TWENTY POUNDS, which would include a whole lot of the dwarf/short legged type poodles, so I would guess that AKC is trying to be INCLUSIVE of them by their definition, rather than exclude them as defective and undesireable. There are a lot of poodle lovers who have a very strong preference for short legged ones. I realize they are pet quality and could never sneak up on a show point in any conformation class.

If someone wants a dog that will kill vermin and also fetch a ball, (same as go to ground after small mammals and do water retrieves) it should be okay with going in or near water. Sounds like a very nice family dog if you leave your prejudices at the door. It is a crap shoot if it will shed or not. Fifty fifty chance. It will likely have less hair on its face and feet than pure poodles, which although not attractive in my book, may make for a lower maintenence dog. I would ask them to NOT crop the tail if I were you. It will look odd on a long backed dog. Dewclaws, yes, if you are into having their dewclaws done.

Many of the doxies I have known had terrible mean temperaments with serious aggression problems and would attack visitors, bite kids, kill other pets and be nearly impossible to house train, both males and females. You may want to ask about the particular dog that will be a parent to the dog you put your deposit on. Most poodles also have very high game drive and will kill your rabbits, rats, birds, hamsters, chicks, chickens if they can. They will go after cats that are three times their size too, no matter how many times they get their nose scratched. Hopefully this is the kind of dog you are looking for. If it isn't, I'd ask for my deposit back, since it is months away from now and they have plenty of time to sell the litter.

i'm not bagging on your choice of dogs. i breed and sell mixed breed and purbred poodles for pet homes. i just don't want you to get hosed just because they are cute.

No I kown what I'm getting as I stated I've had one before. I also have doxies now 2 of them. I have checked out the breeder and she comes with high recomendations. She is a small breeder and not a puppy mill type. I'm going to drive up and pick up the puppy myself when its ready to come home.

Here are my three. I cant brag about them enough. They are wonderful, one of them is deaf (Jojo) and is trained using ASL (american sign language)

Itchy (he's a rescue that someone threw out of their car window! I know becasue I saw them do it.)

15098_puppies_039.jpg

Bocephus (Bo, he's just love bug)

15098_puppies_001.jpg

and Jojo (Josephina Valentine)

15098_puppies_032.jpg

I didnt mean to turn this into a brag on your doxie but I love them and if youve done your homework on them and are prepared then they are like any other dog.

Back
Top Bottom