Anyone have a good fudge recipe

Yep I'm going to try her recipe too. Probably will give both a whirl, we eat LOTS of fudge this time of year. I wonder why I never make it during the other months of the year...why only the holidays..hmmmm

This was my grandmother's recipe for Peanut Butter Fudge.

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp butter
1/3 cream
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
4 tbsp peanut butter

Butter coat a plate for fudge

Cook sugar, milk, butter, cream until it comes to a soft ball over medium heat.

add salt, vanilla, peanut butter

Beat immediately when it begins to get stiff pour on a plate.

Thanks Tuffoldhen. I just cut that recipe out and pasted it for printing and putting into my recipe folder. It looks like a real good one! I'll make it for my grandchildren coming on Christmas.

Favorite fudge here is not a chocolate. But SO creamy and delicious!

Buttermilk Fudge

2 cups sugar 1 tsp. soda
2 Tbsp. corn syrup 1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup buttermilk 1 cup pecans
2 Tbsp. butter* pinch salt

Combine all except vanilla, nuts and salt in a deep heavy pot. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture forms a soft ball in cold water. Remove from heat; beat until creamy. Add vanilla, pecans and salt. Pour into buttered 9" x 9" pan. Yield: 24 servings

*unsalted butter; don't substitute margarine.

This is a good peanut butter recipe...needs to be made in an iron skillet and with a wooden spoon...Cool, cut and I always wrap the top of the tin I put it in and let it set in your canister for a few days before you eat it, makes it creamier...

2 Cups sugar 1/2 cup whole milk
dash of salt

Cook on Med. heat or mid low until you get a soft frim ball to form in cold water...Add after cooking, 1 cup peanut butter, 1 tsp. vanilla and a splash of butter...

Grease a plate with butter, pour in and smooth...

Sometimes I double with recipe....and don't make it on rainy days!!..mine never turns out!...lol

I use the same recipe as Missprissy, but sometimes replace nuts with chopped maraschino cherries and make it Black Forest fudge, yummmmmmm!

Mmmmm Copy Paste Print Mmmmmm

Lol I recently made some Pumpkin Fudge, I will look for the recipe ASAP

WoOt!
I found it Lol

Pumpkin Fudge
2c Sugar
1c Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
3/4c Butter
2/3c Evaporated Milk
1/2c Canned Pumpkin
1 1/2tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 (12 ounce) Package White Chocolate Chips
1 (7 ounce) Jar Marshmallow Creme
1c Chopped Pecans
1 1/2tsp Vanilla Extract

In a heavy saucepan, combine the first 6 ingredients; heat over medium heat until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. Continue heating until mixture begins to boil, stirring constantly. Continue boiling until candy thermometer reaches soft-ball stage (234-243 degrees). Remove pan from hear; stir in chocolate chips until melted. Add in remaining ingredients; stir to mix well. Pour into a buttered 13x9 inch baking pan; cool to room temperature. Cut into squares; store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.

Last edited:
Here is my fav. and so easy. You would never know it is so easy to make.

Best fudge ever /
Chocolate Butterscotch Fudge
1 12 oz package plus 1 cup Nestle's toll house simi sweet morsels. (no substitutions cheep chips will ruin this.)
1 11oz pk of butterscotch morsels. Nestle's also
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup nuts I use walnuts

Melt chips together in microwave. I usually go for 3 or 4 min and check then in 30 sec increments. till melted (be careful they will burn if you melt to long)
Add sw. cond. milk and nuts stir. You can pour, scoop this out in the shape of a wreath and decorate with colored cherries and a red ribbon. Or just put it in a buttered pan and cut into squares. I also put it in fridge to harden it. My mom always made this fudge and I get requests for it every year during the holidays. You can also use other flavors of chips. I have made this with peanut butter and with carmel to make diff flavors but usually they like the butterscotch the best. Good luck let me know if any one makes this and enjoys it. The best part is it takes less than 10 min from start to finish. Everyone thinks you worked all day.

Oh my gosh....how can I ever choose? I think I'll make a variety of them and do a fudge gift basket for some lucky family members. Thank you everyone for sharing!!

Back
Top Bottom